I need a heated neck warmer. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lmmillion, Mar 22, 2006.

1. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

I have one of these microwaveable neck warmers that a friend gave me, but I can't stand the scent that is in the filling. I'd love to order a different one with a nicer scent, or even unscented. Do any of you know of a website that sells these? I looked up a few, but wasn't sure about the quality of them. I want one that is kind of thick, as the added pressure of it feels good on my shoulders. Any ideas? Thank you!
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Avon sells a nice one that is scented with lavender. I haven't tried it yet but I expect it's a good product. God bless, Anne Theresa
  3. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

but Ive heard you can put dried beans in a sock and put in microwave and it works great. Someone here will know how long or something else that works. Ive also heard rice done the same way works.

I have a neck vibrating pillow and also one of those back and seat things that vibrate and you can also use the heat in it. For cold on my aching neck, I reach in the freezer and pull out something in a reclosed bag. Last time it was frozen strawberries and that had a nice smell too.

Suzette
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

And you don't have to buy them, they are easy to make in whatever size you want. A man's sock works well.

there is lots of different rice, w/ lots of different scents to them. Just don't use minute rice as it will disintigrate in the microwave. but jasmine esp. or basmati smells nice and will work well. Rice will give you the weight you want and a very moist heat.

Jeanne
  5. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

I found the one on Avon and am considering that. I like the idea of making one, though, as I can add any scent I want to it. I may try that idea first. i appreciate all of your responses.
  6. livin4him

livin4him New Member

that I bought from Walgreens for like $9.99. But I noticed that they were on sale the other day.

I tried different kinds and like you cannot stand the smells from them.

So I bought this pillow, it has the pillow stuffing and the outside is 100% polyester (the soft kind). When I bought it, it had too much stuffing in it, so I just unzipped it and removed some and saved it to refill as needed.

I love my pillow, it supports my neck when I am sitting/laying in my recliner. When I need heat on it, I just use my heating pad for a little bit around it.

Good luck to you.
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I make my own rice sock. just make sure you use regular uncooked rice. I use a over the calf mans sock. they work nice for your back also I sit in my chair and start at my neck for a few seconds then let it role down to my shoulders and so on till its all the way down my back it takes about 30 mins to do this but it helps me .I"ve made several of these for people and they really like them.

good luck, Sixtyslady
  8. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I use the gel packs my Chiro sells, which can be used hot or cold... i've also seen similar ones sold at Walmart. Origins also has a nice one in their Peace of Mind collection if your looking for aroma therapy. It's very pleasant and very relaxing!

TM~
  9. wuki1

wuki1 New Member

I have a bag filled with cherry pits that I heat in the microwave. A girlfriend of mine knows someone that makes them. They provide moist heat and when the pack gets too dry, you just throw it in the washer and it is as good as new. Wonderful! I keep one at work and one at home.
    Kim
  10. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I made two rice socks. Used my husband's long crew socks. Fill with medium or long grain rice. Not too full, though. You want it to be able to bend and mold to your neck.

I added a bit of lavendar from my garden. Gives it a nice subtle scent. Use whatever scent you like.

Just tie a knot in the end to close it up. I suppose you could sew it shut, too.

HOT SOCK: I keep one in the drawer to use in the microwave. Mine takes 1 1/2 min on high.

COLD SOCK: I keep the other one in a ziploc in the freezer. Keeping it in a ziploc keeps the freezer smell out.

[ advertisement ]