I need a recipe (easy) for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimba4318, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I lost my old one and GO FIGURE, cannot remember it... anyone have a recipe for this?
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Sorry I don't have a recipe, but I am glad that you are back to frequent posting. I guess that means you are feeling better, I hope. We are getting ready to do that gingerbread house we talked about earlier this month. I just love Christmas time! Hope you get some good recipes, have a great night! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2006]
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Oatmeal CC Cookies
    1 cup butter Flavor crisco (or reg shortening)
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 tsp vanilla
    cream these ingredients and then add
    2cups flour
    1cup oatmeal
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    mix all ingredients togeather very well!
    then stir in 1 bag choclate chips
    drop by tsp. on greased cookie sheet.
    oven 350 degrees 12 minutes ,,,,,,,,if dough needs a little exta liquid add 1 Tbl milk,,,,,,,,,,,, Happy Holidays to you Kim!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sydney

[This Message was Edited on 12/17/2006]
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thank you all very much - can't wait to feel better and get started. SOunds yummy right now!

Hey Kim... was feeling better than got a virus... so.. YUCK! I will get thru though. Yep.. forgot about putting that in my list too! I need to do that one soon. Did you do yours yet??

5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So sorry you have a virus. Boy, you sure could use a break from your recent health issues. I hope you feel better soon. It is probably really cold in Maryland. I think in Southern California we tend to forget how the weather really affects every day living in some parts of the states. It is very cold at night right now, but the days are in the 60's right now, not too bad. Is there snow on the ground where you are?

We did do our gingerbread house two nights ago. My stepson was home also, and even at 15, he still really got into it. It was very nice. I got released from physical therapy last week. It only took a month of PT to get my back feeling better. Now it just hurts if I sit or stand for a long time. But not all of the time like it was.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas with lots of smiles and good health! Kim :)
  6. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi Kim,

Just follow the Quaker Oatmeal recipe at the back of the box. I swear - it's dummy proof and yummy!! :)

LB32 (Leeza)

I had a childhood friend named Kim whose nickname was Kimba...how funny. :)
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

balletdancer... he he he... could it be me? They called me that in school?? Too funny. Thanks for the tip on the recipe. I am so behind and need to get crackin on that. Happy holidays!!

Kim... SO glad you made your houses. I feel mommy guilt cause we have not got to them yet. The kids are home from school tomorrow so I think that will be a great day to do our houses. That is so cool that your step son got into it - that is really nice. My 16 year old stepdaughter loved baking with me yesterday. I am feeling a little better and now looking into some food allergies I am sure I have. Whopee.. surgery on Jan 3rd, can;t wait to knock that out too. I keep hoping my lymph node will get smaller, no luck so far.

Glad your done with the PT, hope you continue to improve. I guess they want you to do it on your own now.

No snow yet. Cold today, think its in the 40s. should not complain till it gets to the 20s I guess. Ughhh.. my bones hurt just thinking about it!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas to YOu and Yours too!
    Big Hugs
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Sounds very easy Ouch!