I Need A Recommendation : Digestive Enzymes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Sep 13, 2012.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Due to digestive upsets I have suffered since gallbladder removal surgery last year, I now want to start taking digestive enzymes. But there are so many on the market, I find the choices all very confusing.

Somebody here on the board once mentioned that they took DE since having the surgery, but I've forgotten who and what they took. If anybody here can give me some information, I would be so grateful. Thank you!!

2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

After trying many.. I tend to like GNC Probiotic's (white and blue plastic jar), and their Digestive Enzyme's (dark blue/colbat color bottle with red cap). In a jam I'll use other's, but always come back to these.

I think their price's are fair and the people are very helpful.

Have also liked Prohealth product's. Just easier with a GNC store in town for me.

I had gall bladder surgery in 2005.

Take care!

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

but I also have a digestion question. Maybe someone in the know can help. I used to have lots of IBS symptoms but now doing a lot better other than lots of gas. Unfortunately I love all type of veggies including the gasey ones :)!! onions too - raw and cooked.

Is there any enzyme that you or anyone can tell me about that will help get rid of all the gas. I know there is gasex and stuff like that but is there an enzyme that might prevent it.

Thank you all !
  4. Granniluvsu

You have answered my question(s). Was curious about prevernting and treating. I think I may have tried the activated many years ago but may try it again. Now it mostly just gas. Yesars ago I had bouts of diarrhea. I have always had constipation since a child. However, doing better with tht since I have been taking more magnesium. I started taking that for my osteoporosis but it sure helps with the daiy constipation. Yes, gas and some bloating has been tht worst problem ffor me currently. However, the mag is helping to clean me out as they say and I take Activa yogurt to which is somewhat helpful with god bacteria, I guess.

Thanks for mentioning the pearls and completegest. Do you send away for those? or healthfood store? Will keep an eye out. Just woke up and am trying to see the scree :)! Sort of blurry !! Need to go get breakfast and then check the boards some more.

Hope you are feeling better today. Thanks again for the tips !

5. Granniluvsu

When and how often do you take the Pearls and the other one you mentioned? Do you take them daily?

Can't stay right now but will try and check back later, at least tomorrow.

6. Granniluvsu

Frieda - I just bought them and have taken a couple of doses so far, in the mornings. Just wondering if itr takes awhile to build up, if taken every day, to get rid of the gas. I know you donpt take them every day. I also usually also take activa yogurt in the morning. It helps some with the constipation, along with the mag. but just wondering about the gas. I will take it daily and see if they help with the gas.

If just the yogurt worked I wouldn't even bother with the acidophilus.However, I am still waiting and hoping to get rid of this gas problem. It is very annoying to say the least.

Thanks for your help. When you go to the store and look into enzymes you can go crazy with all the different types and none are to cheap. The acidophilus pearls are not to cheap either but I suppose it could be worse, considering supplements.

Hugz and hope you are feeling fairly good today or as good as you can be !!

7. Granniluvsu

Hope some of this may have helped you. I don;t know anything at all about enzymes either and only take yougurt and now the pearls. We'll see if that helps any. Didn't mean to post so much on this thread but I kept having questions.

Freida -Thanks for your thoughts. I will just see if I take them every day if they help at all. If not I may stop since I do eat yogurt almost every morning.

Don't know if any of this has helped Laura whose thread this was to begin with.

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2012]