i need a vulvodynia specialist in so. california immediately!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iminspired, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. iminspired

    iminspired New Member

    does anyone know of a specialist for vulvodynia in southern california? i'm desperate! i thought i saw the name of one on this website several months ago. i think he was connected to u.c. davis, but not sure. any leads would be appreciated!
  2. monicacat

    monicacat Member

    I'm sorry that I can't help you with a specialist but I wanted to tell you about coconut oil.

    I suffered from the burning, pain, itching, swelling, and when I started to take coconut oil it went away, it took about two weeks and all of a sudden I realized that I wasn't having any problems anymore.

    I ordered my coconut oil from the Tropical Traditions web site and I really like it.

    I hope that someone can help you with a specialist, but coconut oil might be worth a try.

    Good luck,

  3. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    This slipped over to Page 2, so I'm bumping it in hopes one of our members will see it.

    You can always call gynos' offices and ask whether they have knowledge of vulvadynia and how to treat it. Good luck.

    Love, Mikie
  4. aniek

    aniek New Member

    The National Vulvodynia Association provides doctor referrals. I think you have to call them.

    You can find their website by googling "National vulvodynia association"

    ANNXYZ New Member

    a post by andreae the other day ? She has FM and found amazing relief with relaxin ( sold here as vitalaxin) .
    Since the problem you have is assoc w/ FM I thought I would mention this - Also other docs have noted that some patients definitely respond and get improvement with it. This may not be applicable to the specific problem , but anything that REALLY helps someone w/ FM is worth a look.
  6. iminspired

    iminspired New Member

  7. Dr. Andrea Rapkin at UCLA Ob/Gyn department is a specialist in Southern California.