I need advice about what to do about fatigue please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jun 26, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I know it has been discussed a bizillion times and I know I have talked about it too but I need some advice about fatigue. I work full time and and dying with the fatigue the last 2 or 3 weeks.

What do you take for it???

Thanks. I will be napping while you reply! LOL
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It would really help if you could nail down the source of your fatigue. It could be your thyroid, adrenals, poor digestion, toxic liver, to name a few. So whatever you should take depends upon the cause of your fatigue.

That's the $64,000 question, but a good naturopath could probably help you narrow down the cause(s). They can order an Adrenal Stress Index test which can give lots of valuable information. Your thyroid of course should be tested.

Other things that can help, depending, are:

d-ribose (gives the heart energy)
    magnesium and malic acid
    NADH (at least 20 mg. a day)
    l-carnitine or acetyl-l-carnitine (the latter form crosses the blood/brain barrier to help mental functioning as well as your heart)

If your liver is congested, this can make you quite tired and you may need a liver detox. You may need to start taking digestive enzymes.

You should look at your diet, if you haven't already. You may be allergic to certain foods you're eating.

There are just so many variables.

A good chiropractor who did muscle testing discovered my weak adrenals. He gave me Drenatrophin PMG by Standard Process and this helped me a great deal with adrenal fatigue (similar to what Jaminhealth used).

If you're taking meds, look at all of them and see what side effects there are. And again, a naturopath could help with this. Also, a skilled chiropractor can often use muscle testing to determine if something you're ingesting is toxic to you.

The above things all helped me at different times with fatigue, but I had help from the chiro.

3. JennO

JennO New Member

I take 100mg of Provigil as needed when I am feeling fatigue. It works wonders for me! Unlike some of the other meds out there it doesn't make you feel "hyper" or that "racing heart" that some medications do. It just makes me feel "Normal" that is as normal as one can get with the funky fibro!!!

Best of luck to you! Hope you had a good nap!!!
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I'm with Mary. A good place to start is with fuel for the mitochondria.. the battery packs of the cell.

See Dr Myhill's articles in the library section of this site or google cardiologist Stephen Sinatra....

it's a no-brainer....

5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Not B12 complex but straught B12. Also we took B12 shots for a while and it really helped me.
  6. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

I take adderral 40 mgs in the am, it gives me the energy I need,but if I don't take it early enough it interferes with my night time sleeping.Good luck,jaime
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Thanks, everyone. I just want SOMETHING simple. I don't wanna run to the doctor a million times or buy a million suppliments. Why does this have to be SO HARD.
  8. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I use a one simple supplement and it works wonders for me. I am a mess without it but if I use it like I should I am almost "normal" as far as fatigue goes. It is called Rhodiola Energy by Enzymatic Therapy. It is very inexpensive. I take 2 capsules daily. I have no side effects from it and like I said it is a Godsend for me. Google it and read about it, it is very interesting (at least for me). I got it from the Wild Oats Market the first time but I order it online now.
    I hope you find some relief, it is very frustrating to be so exhausted that you can't function.