I need encouragement so bad right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by afeni, Mar 19, 2003.

1. afeni

afeni New Member

I haven't been on this sight very long, but already it has given me so much hope. But I must confess to feeling like somewhat of a dummy. I've been dx'd for 5 years and until this sight, I have been so alone. And I know so little. Now that my daughter is sick, I feel real pressure to not be a dummy anymore. I spent half this morning searching out info for her school problems and got nothing at all, but what this sight, this board could provide. And My panic attack this afternoon must have lasted 4 hrs. I could barely move and my 5yr old son was torturing me with sheer energy alone. Then, tonight I had to compfort a friend long distance, whose husband is a marine in Iraq, on the front line. Its her anniversery. My husband and I were the best man and matrain of honor at thier wedding. She has no real family except for her hubby. And very few friends because shes really shy. She was trying to be strong for her 2 little kids, but she was so terrified. I knew she was alone, and so I had to call. And it all makes me so sick inside. My husband would be there too, if I wasn't sick. Bad as I felt today, it's the first time I've ever felt kind of glad I'm sick. But I can't sleep. Sick inside about all the people over there we know and care about. Today I feel older than my great grandma. Tired and way over my head. Is it too much to ask that I not always have 30 things heaped on my head at once - sometimes? Hey, I know....How about something come easy for me just every now and then? But really, I HATE WAR..ANY WAR . There is truly nothing to be solved by death, but more suffering, and right now, I've had enough of all the suffering, and the indifference that usually comes along with it. I don't want to have to explain, fight for research or cry about the right to feel as good as possible, and like any other humanbeing on this planet. I can't take argueing with the people who are suppost to love me, about how bad I feel, and how much help I need, and understanding I am so D tired of all of it. Who in the cosmos came up with this maddness anyway? I know I'm whining loud enough for the moon to hear me, and I know I need to take a breath, but I'm hyperventalating. Thanks for the ear.
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

But at the same time your pushing yourself into a flare. I been there and I have freaked myself so bad that I was sick for days on end. Right now the best thing for you to do is calm down so you can be there for your friend. If your sick with a bad flare and she needs to talk your not going to be able to help her in her time of need. I know its easier said than done sweetie. I feel really bad about all that is going on too. I am worried but I have to put it in Gods hands and go to bed at night. Its hard to do, I have had to turn the TV off at times because I found myself so into what is going on that I could feel the tension coming on. Please take care of yourself as best you can and be there for your friend right now. She is more scared than I can ever imagine and she needs your support and if your sick you might not be able to help her through. You and your friend will both be in my prayers as well as all of you on the board, and prayers for our world in this time.
    Hugs and I hope you feel better,
    Jeanna
  3. crimsonfox

crimsonfox New Member

Just know that we are listening and praying for you. Always remember God is in control and will do what's best for us.

Lots of hugs!!!!!!!!!
  4. fallingapart

fallingapart New Member

I am so sorry for all that you are going through, just know you are NOT alone. God is allways with you and we are here too(((((((( AFENI)))))))) hugs to you!!
  5. Shaylee

Shaylee New Member

You must learn to reconize your limitations and set boundaries for them. People which do not have CFS/FM have no idea what we are going through but we do. The only way to manage life with these two things is knowing our limitations and setting boundaries in our lives. The words "No I do not feel like it today" has very much become a place of victory for me. If I do not feel like it, I just do not feel like it.

Our troops do not need our worry they need our prayers so please for your sake do not place undo stress upon yourself. Pray for them instead and know God has everything under control.

I along with everyone else am here for you.

God Bless You,

Shaylee
  6. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I am here if you want to vent!! Remember those deep cleansing breaths.....
    Love, Deb
  7. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

My heart goes out to you. I know that "when it rains, it pours". Just try to breathe and remember that we are hear to listen whever you need to vent. Sometimes when I get overwhelmed, I try to pause everything else that is going on around me and get away from it, even for a little while. See if someone can watch your son, and take a nice hour long bubble bath, go shopping (online if you can't go out), or call someone that you know will be there to support you. Anything that you like to do that helps you feel good. You deserve it. My love and prayers are there with you.
  8. afeni

afeni New Member

Last night was a doosie for me. But just knowing that I could come here, and share my woes helped. And reading your words of compfort has been some of the best medison. I know I'm not alone in my prayors for the people that are in danger. Its upsetting to me. Its so much more than the soldiers that suffer during times like this. And I worry, but mostly I am sick at heart. I pray that it turns out that it is over as soon as possible. I pray that those who are left back home get through everyday O.K. And this morning i was finally able to catch my breath. And I know everyone here helped to make it possible.
  9. bejo

bejo New Member

You can vent here all you want,sometimes it helps just to be able to let it out.Isn't it great to have a place to go where people understand how you feel? Sounds like things have been pileing up on you.Try to relax and take a deep breath,lean back and close your eyes.Picture in your mind everyone here forming a hug circle around you.We'll all stay there as long as you need us. ((((())))) bejo