I NEED GUAIDANCE AND ADVICE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Sep 25, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

i need to know what to stop doing, and if what im doing is ok.
    i take alot of supplements ONLY

1. OMEGA 3 FISH OIL
    2,CANDEX FOR CANDIDA, I ALTERNATE WITH OTHER ANTIFUNGAL DRUGS
    3.ESSENTIAL ENZYMES
    4.DIGEST GOLD
    5.CANDIDS YEAST SUPPORT
    6.ZYMITOL
    7.5-HTP.....FOR SLEEPING AT NIGHT ONLY
    8. BUFFER C VITAMIN
    9. B-COMPLEX
    9.MAGNESIUM...AT NIGHT FOR HELP WITH SLEEP ONLY
    10.GRAPESEED EXTRACT
    11.OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT
    12.TRIIODO-L....FOR THRYOID

13 THREELAC
    14.ZOLPIDEM....FOR SLEEP ONLY

15. PLUS ABOUT 5 OTHER VITAMIN THAT I GOT FROM GOING TO THE ALTERNATIVE DR.

16. I HAVE A LOT OF PROBIOTICS, I TAKE 2 ONLY AT ONE INTERVAL,
    17. EXTRA ORGANIC COCONUT OIL....1 TSP MOSTLY DAILY
    18. I TAKE NYSTATIN BUT READ THIS DOESNT DO ANYTHING TO THE CANDIDA, IS THAY TRUE. OR ELSE I WOULS STOP TAKRING IT
    19 B12 INJECTION SOMETIMES.
    20. CANDICLEAR5...SOMTIME..ALTERNATE WITH THIS TOO

MY QUESTION SHOULD I BE DOING THIS, TAKING ALL THESE SUPPLEMENTS IN ONE SHOOT, I BELIEVE THAT I SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS BUT I DO THIS

THE ABOVE SUPPLEMENTS ARE ALL TAKEN AT ONE TIME. PLEASE GAVE ME AN ADVICE ON HOW TO TAKE WHAT AND SOME AT DIFFERENT TIMES.

IM A SLOW LEARNER, SO ANY ADVICE WILL BE USED.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP, ADVICE THAT ARE GIVEN TO ME. IM NOT GOOD WITH THIS, I ALSO DO THIS WHEN IM GOING TO EAT AT THAT ONE MONENT TO GET ALL THOSES SUPPERMENTS OUT OF THE WAY
    IS THIS A WRONG APROACH TO TAKEN MY SUPPLEMENTS........HELP[This Message was Edited on 09/25/2009]
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

This is not to sound rude or blunt, but can you tell me why you are taking these supplements? Has a doctor determined that you are deficient in certain vitamins or need certain supplements for a specific reason?

For example, I take Vitamin D because I took a blood test and found out I'm deficient. I also take fish oil because my cholesterol is a little high and it helps with my joints. My doctor tells me how much to take of both as well as what time of day to take them (fish oil before bed because that's when the body makes cholesterol, and Vitamin D any time that I'm also ingesting calcium.)

What I'm trying to say is that would really benefit you to take a look at the supplements you are taking and determine exactly why you are taking them. I don't take supplements just because I've heard from someone else it might be helpful. **I ask my doctor if it can specifically help me and why, when to take them, and how much----a very proactive approach. I suggest you do the same thing. You can ask a pharmacist and vitamin stores too about supplements in terms of how they specifically work. Don't be shy!!

Otherwise, you're just guessing and you aren't getting the maximum benefit. You could also be throwing a lot of money away as well as potentially be hurting your body. You might be able to get some vitamins (the vitamin c for example) from food. Hope this helps!!

All the best,

Erika
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I'm wondering about a few things here.

So you suffer from CFS, not fibro, right? My understanding of your post above is that you're saying that you take most of your supps (except the sleep stuff) pretty much at all at one shot with a meal. Is that correct?

There are a few questions that may help others guide you:

1) When do you take your T3 (thyroid) med?

2) Do you take most of these supps just one dose, once per day? Or do you take some of them several times per day?

3) How long have you been doing this, and how are you feeling? Have you noticed any improvements from before starting the supps?

Right or wrong for a given individual can sometimes depend on the answer to the last question.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2009]
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

You sound like you're on the right track to me. At one time I was taking about 25 different supps almost daily when my CFS was mild. They helped me tremendously. My favorite was Spirulina because it evened out my blood sugar which made it easy to do the Candida diet. I felt good most of the time. I was still ill alot but I was able to live a full life.

I sure wish I could take stuff like I once could. I hope this helps you street.

I'll go over each thing you're taking:

Fish oil made me very sick and I've read somewhere that it may not be good to take.
    I never took antifungals but if they help you then that's great.
    Enzymes are great if they work for you.
    Never heard of Digest Gold.
    Yeast Support sounds good.
    I don't know what Zymitol is.
    5-HTP sounds familiar but if I took it it never helped me but that would have been later when nothing worked for me anymore.
    Buffer C is good.
    B complex is good.
    Magnesium is good if it doesn't give you the runs.
    Grapeseed extract didnt' help me but again I took that more recently when everything stopped working for me.
    Ditto for Olive Leaf which I tried for my systemic Candida Krusei.
    I don't take thyroid meds but if it helps you then great.

Three Lac never helped me but same story as above. If it helps you then great.
    Vitamins should be fine unless they make you feel worse.
    Probiotics didn't work for me but I think they're great if they help you.
    I think Coconut oil is a scam. I did try it for a year no result but again, same as above.
    I don't think Nystatin would help me at this stage. It's worth a try for you though.
    I never did injections but some folks love them.
    I never heard of Candiclears but again, if you can tolerate it it's worth a shot.

It seems like a lot of your products are redundant. I would try doing less Candida products but I know your Candida is really bad and if you can tolerate all of this then maybe it's fine for you. It's probably not going to hurt you.

I was able to take stuff in the nineties and a lot of the things you take I didn't know about until I had become intolerant to almost everything.

Hope that helps. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do. I really want to know if your Candida clears up for you. I believe mine did for a long time from the diet. Make sure to stick to that diet but you should add some good carbs back within a month or two so you don't hurt your kidneys, etc...

5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Jam, how are you? Hope all is well. The fish oil I take doesn't specify to take it with meals. A pharmacist I know well told me that we make cholesterol at night, so that's when I take it. However I never go to bed hungry anyway. I always eat a small amount before bed time, so I'm never taking the fish oil on an empty stomach. :)

Hi Street, fish oil is a great supplement to take for many reasons including depression, lubricating the joints, cholesterol control, etc. Ask your doctor for the correct dosage, as you should for any supplement. A very small population group with certain medical problems can't take fish oil due to issues with blood clotting, but most people can and most tolerate it well (I'm very sorry teejkay that you got sick! I've gotten sick from B-Complex vitamins. Many of us here are more sensitive to supplements then the average population). Mainstream doctors are now recommending fish oil for everyone for heart health.

Regarding the B-complex vitamins, C-vitamins and magnesium.....I don't think there's anything wrong with taking them. However, why take them unless you're deficient in them? Seems like a waste otherwise. I would recommend a blood test to see if you have actual deficiencies in these vitamins. *I would also highly recommend that you test to see if you are deficient in Vitamin D. Many people are.

Probiotics helped me a lot (I agree that not everything works for everyone). I recommend trying them if you have IBS. I would also recommend them especially if you ever have to take antibiotics.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Take care and be well,

Erika :)