I need help. I need to find doctors for work comp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

This is basically just a list that has to be hung in the office for all employees to see. I've never done this before and I'm not sure if I should just get some doctors who are close to our office or if there is some methodical way of doing this. A lot of stuff I'm doing at work is just new to me. I've only been in this position for about a month.

In my other post about cognitive thinking, this is the kind of thing i'm afraid to ask my boss. He might think I'm not using my common sense because I can't figure it out. Anyone dealt with having to do this before. I'm tempted to just find some local doctors and not put any thought into it but I would rather do it the best way, if there is a way to find the best doctors for the list.

thanks ladies and gents..
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

but I have brain fog and read you question wrong had to come back and edit and try to answer...LOL

If you need a list of physicians who will take on worker's compensation cases? You might try the the Internet just Google something like worker's compensation physicians and you town that might get you started.

You could just call a physician's office and speak with the front office tell her you are making a list and ask her if she knows who does this in you area.

You could also call you state worker's compensation they probably have a list or they may have something on their web site.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Karen :)
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

ahhhh. Sorry. I guess I do have a foggy brain.

I didn't get hurt. I have to find doctors near my place of employment to go on the wall in case someone gets hurt for workers comp. I want to make sure I find good doctors and not just any doctor from a list, ya know? Of anyone we with these diseases know how important it is to finda good doctor.....
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

to keep in mind that a lot of physicians will not accept worker's compensation cases. So make sure you ask about that.

Sorry about reading you question wrong. I think we were posting about the same time...LOL

Best of luck to you,

5. kjfms

kjfms Member

just wondering if any of my ideas helped? :)

Thanks,

6. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

I will be working on that more today. I did try looking for workers comp doctors on yahoo. I wll try google today. Thanks so much for the input :)
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

you are welcome.

Here are some site which may help:

GA State Medical Board of Medical Examiners

http://www.state.ga.us/meb/bdsearch/index.html

Worker's Compensation GA

http://www.gaworkerscomp.com/

Have a good day,

Karen
  8. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Oh, Wow.. I'm working on the list now. This will defiantely help. Thanks!

Have a great day!
  9. kjfms

kjfms Member

I have been off work yesterday and today and a little bored can you tell?...LOL

Thanks,

10. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Well, it's definately benefited me. I found an orthopedic surgeon. Now I'm looking for gen physicians. It's harder then it seems it would be. I don't want to just pick someone from the phone book.
  11. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am forever researching physicians, hospitals, and anything related to the medical field it my job...LOL I enjoy it actually. :)

So it is second nature to me because I am used to it. I was in medical coding now in transcription and going back into coding sometime this year.

Don't work to hard,

[This Message was Edited on 07/28/2006]
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Is you employer asking for a list of doctors to send injured employees to?

If so, the best place to start is to call the workers' compensation carrier that insures the business. I'm surprised they didn't already tell you where to send employees.

You need to have a clinic nearby that can handle routine accidents. The clinic needs to be aware that it will be getting these cases.

You also need a designated hospital that can handle serious cases and already knows the necessary coverage is in place so it can give treatment immediately. You don't want someone who is seriously injured waiting while phone calls re: insurance are being made.

The State W/C Insurance Commission will not be happy if treatment required by law is delayed due to paperwork problems.
  13. kjfms

kjfms Member

I did a little reading while on the GA W/C site it their state law which requires the posting of 4-6 (I can't remember if it was 4 or 6) of a list of physicians-for the employees to choose from. The employee can also choose their own physician from what I read rather quickly.

I have never heard of that one it isn't required here in WV-go figure.

Sorry, thought I would butt in,