I need help proving I have Fibro?-denied STDisability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by qnjamie, Sep 21, 2005.

1. qnjamie

qnjamie New Member

I need to get my short term disability and they say that there isn't enough medical evidence to prove my claim. Since Fibromyalgia is mostly diagnosed after they can't find anything else wrong.
  2. robtani

robtani New Member

I would just see another doctor if I were in your shoes. Many of them will easily pass that diagnosis since they can't think of anything else.

Good Luck!
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

you back to page one hoping you'll get some additional answers!

Sincerely
    JL
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Most fms patients have sleep issues, and many have a condition called alpha (wave) intrusion. My diagnosis, based on a sleep study in which alpha intrusion was found, gave me a diagnosis of fibromyalgia with alpha wave intrusion.

The treatment is Xyrem.

abbylee
  5. wickett

wickett New Member

Hi, what are the signs/symptons of alpna intrusion. I have never heard of it before. Thanks,
    (email address removed per rules)

Thanks!!
  6. wickett

wickett New Member

fIRST OFF YOU NEED TO GO TO A RHUEMY, SOMEONE WHO WILL BELEIVE IN YOU & TELL YOU THAT ALL THE SYMPTOMS YOU HAVE ARE NORMAL. I WOULD DISCUSS W/YOUR DOCTOR WHAT YOU FEEL LIKE WHEN YOU WORK. YOUR JOB MAY BE IRRITATE YOUR CONDITION.
    KEEP A LIST OF HOW YOU HAVE FELT, MEDICATION LIST. WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO, TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER. I HAD MORE THAN A COUPLE SYMPTOMS. I WISH YOU THE BEST
  7. elsa

elsa New Member

Hi .... Look up a post I made from 9/15 titled "World Congress on CFS...". It shows medical experts from around the world using "science" to improve a patient's outlook.

It cannot be denied as BS. Also, if you google this topic, other relavent sources to back up the validity of FM and CFS will come up.

Don't see how documentation from world experts can be refuted. Good luck to you on this ...

Elsa
  8. rigby

rigby New Member

I could not get STD with three doctor PT and Chroc, I finally sue them won and now applying for LTD. I got SSd and they still refused I was sick. I had lots of med record etc. But unum hard to get.