I need help so down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Mar 15, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

Hi

What can I do last night I took half a valerian and 2mg of Clonazepam and I am ill I have been awake most of the night in agony !!!! What in earth is going on medication makes me really ill I am sure my shrink thinks It is all in my head but It is the truth nothing is helping me I have tried loads of herbs and homepoathic remidies.last week he questioned me about Remeron that he has had never had anyone with these problems but I know something is not right I a sick to the teeth of teling doctors mediacation makes me ill.What can I do FIBRO and pain not good I just dont need this anymore !!!
  2. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

I have CFS, but I know that our conditions make us very sensitive to medication. Its not in your head, CFS/FM creates an extra-senstivity to medication. I wish I knew how to help your pain. I take 3 grams of glucosamine sulfate per day, and it helps with the arthritic pain in my knees and the muscle pain in my thighs. Without it, I don't know what I would do. Hasn't made me sick. Some people benefit from MSM, as it is supposed to help with pain and swelling.

Hopefully, others can tell you more.

Hang on.
  3. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I was just given 300 milligrams of something called seroquel by a psychiatrist in my first visit to a psych ward. Talk about sick!

The next moring my lips were swollen up, my throat dry as a bone, my tounge tied and both my kidneys felt like I had kicked by a horse. And I was mentally out of it. And I walked in there the day before just fine except for fibro pain and anxiety. It was like something out of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.

Walk in somewhat normal and leave a lunatic.

Doc who prescribed this used to be head of the state of California mental health board or something like that.

He said that I had a reaction and I'll never get that medicine again. I felt so sick and scared for two days after that.

But I wouldn't mix homeopathic with the benzo's. I want so bad myself to take natural remedies but I am afraid to try them. And I need to get the benzos out of my system for awhile before I do and so far I can't take doing without them for more than 2 days. So, I'm taking klonopin 1 mg twice a day.

Try to flush out with a lot of water what you can and just take vitamins if possible. The glucosumine, chondrointon, msm thing sounds very good. I am going to try this soon. But it's expensive, so I have to wait until I get $75 bucks to get all three.

Prayers for you. Seriously, I feel bad for you.

Hey, I broke down last weekend and for the first time in my 55 years I asked to be put in the mental health ward so they could help me sleep and manage. My body has reached a point of exhaustion and pain that I am actually breaking out crying. It's a nightmare, I know.
  4. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I was just given 300 milligrams of something called seroquel by a psychiatrist in my first visit to a psych ward. Talk about sick!

The next moring my lips were swollen up, my throat dry as a bone, my tounge tied and both my kidneys felt like I had kicked by a horse. And I was mentally out of it. And I walked in there the day before just fine except for fibro pain and anxiety. It was like something out of One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest.

Doc who prescribed this used to be head of the state of California mental health board or something like that.

He said that I had a reaction and I'll never get that medicine again. I felt so sick and scared for two days after that.

But I wouldn't mix homeopathic with the benzo's. I want so bad myself to take natural remedies but I am afraid to try them. And I need to get the benzos out of my system for awhile before I do and so far I can't take doing without them for more than 2 days. So, I'm taking klonopin 1 mg twice a day.

Try to flush out with a lot of water what you can and just take vitamins if possible. The glucosumine, chondrointon, msm thing sounds very good. I am going to try this soon. But it's expensive, so I have to wait until I get $75 bucks to get all three.

Hey, I broke down last weekend and for the first time in my 55 years I asked to be put in the mental health ward so they could help me sleep and manage. My body has reached a point of exhaustion and pain that I am actually breaking out crying. It's a nightmare, I know.
  5. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

6. clerty

clerty New Member

Cheneys protocol about taking Clonazipam and valerian
    however I know this is just a guide.
    I cant belive the reaction I have had to these tablets
    I need to go back in 2 weeks to see him I am dreading this he honestly thinks I have issues with medication
    which I dont I just cant take it !!!
    Is there anyone that would be able to do some kind of tests to see what is going on with my liver?
    Clertyx
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sad to see this with you...but I can understand as I have been right where you are at!

I have a problem with valerian anyway...but, I do well with clonazepam. It is a real help to me...for deep sleep. But, I need something else too for pain. I usually take a OTC sleep pill and my pain med which is Flextra (for muscle pain). With this combo I can sleep a good 4-5 hours before the pain gets me up. I have severe FM...plus osteoarthritis, etc. and I am in my 50's.

I know that Clonazepam doesn't work for everyone. Have you tried it without the valerian?

Mari
  8. clerty

clerty New Member

Yes doc had me on 2x8mg a day which I find very high you see I have panic attacks and I think he is trying to take it from that angle but I find it actually makes my arms heavy and gives me pain in my hands I am not sure if this can hapen but I might try and cut the dose down tomorrow
    I am really scared now as the last time I had a reaction was 3 weeks ago in hospital they pumped me with mediaction and I took panic attacks all that night I think I have hit rock bottom !!!
  9. jmq

jmq New Member

Hi clerty...I am fairly new to the board and have FMS. I do not know what to tell you to do...I just put ice everywhere and try to watch TV to relax...but that is sooo hard when you are in SUCH PAIN!!!I just wanted to let you know I saw your post and I am sending gentle hugs to you. I just got on-line so hopefully you are feeling better by time you get this..
    jmq