I need help with my Cuddle Ewe.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tawra, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Tawra

Tawra New Member

I broke down and ordered one last week. I've slept on it 2 days. I've noticed some difference but not the "best night's sleep you will ever have" by a long shot. I'm still tossing and turning and wake up so sore that it's hard to get myself motivated to move.

I've had FM and CFS for 17 years so I'm reluctant to spend more money trying new things but this product just had such great reviews.

I went off of one pain medication and have started on Cymbalta. That should help with some of the pain too.

Am I doing something wrong with it? I was sleeping on the couch and that was doing great until the couch started to break down. BTW, I put it on top of our Sleep Comfort bed. I never could find a number that would work for me so I moved to our couch.

Also, I sleep on my side if that makes any difference

Any suggestions?
    Thanks! Tawra

2. afisher39

afisher39 New Member

It didn't help me sleep, only ambien did that!
  3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

A good friend ..also with FMS...just ordered one as well. They have a temperpedic mattress...and she still was so uncomfortable..that she decided to give the cuddle ewe a try..in part because of the guarantee. Well, last I talked to her..she was thinking of sending it back..as she really didn't find that it was being much help.
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I have been sleeping on my Cuddle Ewe for about a week, and I like it. I can't say it has given me a perfect night's sleep, but it has helped reduce my morning aches and pains. And I don't experience the pressure point sore spots like I used to.

I'm a side sleeper, too. I just started using the pillow, and I'm surprised that I like that, too. I thought it would be too hard, but it's not. That did take a couple nights to get used to though.

It could be more to do with changing your meds. Or that you just need to get used to it.

It does have a 90 day guarantee, so don't throw out the box it came in.

Katy
  5. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Tawra,
    I'm sorry you're not having much luck. I started with a Sleep Number mattress. I can't say it helped very much but by the time I got it together my warranty time had run out. My previous mattress was 15 years old so I figured, oh well.
    Next, I ordered the Cuddle Ewe. Helped a little bit more. Then I purchased a heated mattress pad. Ooooh, it is nice! I'm not as stiff and sore in the mornings.
    What has helped the most is my doctor put me on Xyrem. I've had poor sleep habits for over 20 years so I don't think anything I was going to buy was going to help as much as the Xyrem. Each item helped in their own way.

Good luck,
    Sheila
  6. patches25

patches25 New Member

I gave mine to my dad since it was so uncomfortable for me. Not sure he even liked it. Since so many on the board were enthusiastic I didn't want to burst the bubble. I wish I would have sent mine back before the time was up. Sorry, but I hope you think whether it is worth keeping. E.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2005]
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi...we slept on our Cuddle Ewe for several years, and then I decided to try a memory foam topper from Costco. We like that although it is hot in the summer.

I put the Cuddle Ewe back on this past summer, and we felt like we were sleeping on gravel! I took it off after 1 night and wondered how we had slept on it so long.

Maybe it will work for you, but that's our experience. Good luck. B
  8. Tawra

Tawra New Member

Last night I turned up my Select Comfort from 35 to 45 with the Cuddle Ewe and I slept really well. Now I am going to get an electric blanket so that I won't be freezing until I can warm up the bed.

For those of you with an electric mattress pad did you put it on top of the Cuddle Ewe?

Thanks! Tawra
  9. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm glad to hear you got a good night's sleep.

After reading all the above negative comments about the Cuddle Ewe, I have been having a bit of buyer's remorse! I posted a question about it before I bought one, and everyone had such good things to say. I guess there's always two sides.

It's only been a week, but I am sleeping better with it. I just hope it's not one of those things that poops out after a year!

I also had a Select Comfort bed and tried every number under the sun, and couldn't find one that made any difference.

I'm also interested in your heated mattress pad question. Hope you get some replies.

Katy
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2005]
  10. kbak

kbak Member

I'm one of those people who hated the cuddle ewe. I got zero sleep on it and actually had way more pain. I sent it back for a refund.

K.
  11. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Sorry to hear the Cuddle Ewe was such a bust for you. How long did you try sleeping on it? Did they give you any grief about sending it back?

Did you find something that is better for you to sleep on?

Katy
  12. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Tawra,

I put the cuddle ewe on top of the sleep number bed. Then I put the heated mattress pad on top of the cuddle ewe.

Good Luck,
    Sheila
  13. sues1

sues1 New Member

Well I just got one and it was on my bed for the first time last night. I am not sure yet. I slept long and hard, but I'd had a rough day and this weather is tough on me.

I am glad I made certain to keep the box.....it is in the basement. I will post when I use it a while longer, on rather I like it or not.

Like others I had lots of encouragement to try it.

I did not expect to like the pillw....but it was "free" with it. I have a short neck and pillows and I do not get along real well. I only need a little support or my neck hurts to bad to sleep. So far (I used it one night before the new pad went onto the bed.)Total of 2 nights used. But I really like it!

If I return the cuddle ewe....I should be able to keep a free pillow?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2005]
  14. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

I've had mine a few years, have been helped and can really tell a difference; especially after sleeping on something else. It took awhile to get used to but the help it gave on sore points in the a.m. and stiffness was wonderful. I use an electric blanket to warm the bed until I get in...cold anything aggravates pain for me. We bought one for my mother-in-law & she is helped with her arthritis with it.
  15. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Katy,
    I have found that I'm just super sensitive to sleeping surfaces. I have CFS, and am over sensitive to everything, pain, smells, sound, ect. I do have problems with my neck, which didn't help. I'm sure there are certain people that find the cuddle ewe very comfortable. Actually, it took me a long time to find a mattress I could live with. I tried several mattresses, which I had to take back before I found one that I could tolerate. I really didn't have trouble sending the cuddle ewe back because I only used it 2 day's when I sent it back. They did have a good return policy. I made sure I wouldn't have any trouble sending it back, before I bought it.

Wishing you many good day's!
    K.
  16. athome

athome New Member

for me---

Cymbalta--was prescribed this during a period of excruciating pain. Did nothing for me.

When I considered buying one, someone here said her husband didn't like it, so she used a California King size folded over. I decided to do that, and I must say. it has been my best friend, even helping me get some sleep during a horribly long shingles outbreak.

BTW, I've also switched from my down comforters to a puffed wool comforter, wonderfully light and no sweating as with the down, or I should say, it wicks away the sweat, LOL.

Nana