I Need Help with Sal Free ProductsGuai Gals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, May 7, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

OK, I've run almost all my lists for products. Someone also mentioned I needed to check for laundry detergent and fabric softeners. I did not see a list for those. Does anyone have favorites? I like to use the fabric sheets for the dryer when possible, because I can't remember to add it to the washing machine.

You must be able to purchase the toothpaste on line at the "Store" because I don't recognize many brand names.

What are the rest of the Guai people using?

Mary (janieb)
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Good morning Mary,
    I started the Guai Protocol 3/8/2006. I wear my dish washing gloves when I do laundry and gloves for all my household cleaning or Gloves in a Bottle plus garden gloves when I work in the yard. I do not check my laundry soap for sals, I use All in the small bottles. I don't use fabric softener at all but not because of the Guai I've just never liked using it.
    Yes you can buy the Grace toothpaste here at HealthPro I like it:) I also like Graces mouthwash. I wish you the very best on this protocol.
    I'm having a great morning! WOW It's been awhile since I've felt this good all over!lol
    Mary be sure to ALWAYS read ing. label before you buy(looking for sals) a product that was safe and sal-free can change at any time. The makers of products are always adding and changing the ing. in they products, like adding herbs ect... I find they brag about the change on the front of the product sometimes.
    Take care, Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 05/07/2006]
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

Dee,

I think I'm about ready. Put a small magnifying glass in my purse to check the labels. Have not been wearing gloves for dishes, so guess I'd better buy a pair. Most things go in the dishwasher, but there are always those things that can't. Still concerned about fabric softener, so will check those labels. We've always been a fan of essential oils, herbs, etc. so that's going to be a big change.

We've about finished remodeling, at least the main floor, so maybe now I can work more on me.

I've been lucky to find a fibro doctor that I really like in our area and she's had luck with the protocol, but not with all patients. Suspect some may have messed up on the sals. Have the prescription ready to be filled.

Thanks for your help. This website has been a God send.

Mary (janieb)
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

The advice on the UK board is that detergents will not block (always assuming that your not actually going to touch the neat product).

I usually pick up a fabric softener sheet with the edge of a piece of laundry, as I don't know if they'll block or not & I can't be bothered to put rubber gloves on for such a quick ativity.

Washing up liquid can contain sals & rubber gloves should be used. I found orange oil in my furniture polish, so we have to be vigilant! Also, toilet tissue & tissue handkerchiefs can contain aloe vera so be careful.

best wishes with this Mary
  5. janieb

janieb New Member

Thanks everyone. The information is most helpful. I will get the gloves and check out toilet tissue, etc.

Now it's just a matter of getting things under control here. Last night was one of those when nothing would touch the pain. I was up and down until 2 a.m. Today is better, but plan to get lots of rest.

Thanks, again.

Mary (janieb)
  6. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

I buy surgical gloves and keep them around the house so that when I am about to odsomething I just grab the gloves and when the chore is done I throw them out so I do not touch them again and cross contaminate myself if I did not wash the other rubber gloves properly.