i need help with weight @BLOAT on certain meds help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ejay, Jan 30, 2003.

1. ejay

ejay New Member

besides my epilepsy drugs that i have been on for long time and know how they affect me, i have stared all these drugs recently i take a special drink suppliment for proper nutrition but basically live on special k and 12 grain toast and that i know have cut out but for some reason body is all off a sudden gainin and bloating do you know which of these drugs could cause this.taking zoloft 50mg,zelnorm 12mg,oxycodone5/325 1to2 tabs 4x day but i only use at most 2 to 4 tabs if i even take at all,lorazepam 1 mg 3xday,doxepin 2x25mg the last 2 are for bed time.any help would be greatly appreciated ejay
  2. LindaLoonyTunes

LindaLoonyTunes New Member

When I went on zoloft I also gained weight - and it was very hard to lose it when I went to Paxil. My sister in law was gaining weight and I found she was on zoloft - she has lost the weight since she went off. Same thing with my supervisor at work. Now I have gained weight again this year but I attribute it to my thyroid suddenly being out of wack. (Hashimoto disease) I am only into my first month on thyroid meds . . a little early to tell but I can say I don't feel nearly as bloated. Have your doc switch the zoloft.
  3. coyote

coyote New Member

have been on it for quite a few years. I started gaining weight recently, and found out that Paxil can cause weight gain. It ususally begins after being on it for awhile.
    I've gained twenty pounds over the past two years.
    I'm doing Weight Watchers now. I'm not losing like I'd like to. Have to keep it up for a few weeks to see how it goes.
  4. karen55

karen55 New Member

I think it's fairly common to gain weight on anti depressants/anti anxiety meds. I've been taking Paxil for 3 years and haven't gained weight, maybe I'm just fortunate, or maybe I will end up gaining weight on it. I took Prozac many years ago for a brief period and actually lost weight on it.