I need help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Nov 29, 2005.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Wen to the doc yesterday. On top of everything I now have strep which is making me feel even worse. He asks how I'm feeling and I say horrible and give him my symptoms. He asks if they are new?? I told him they are the same ones I've had for over 8 months just amplified. I tell him the Lexapro and Xanax are not doing anything for my sleep so he tells me I should see a psychologist.... Now I'm pissed and tell him I'm not depressed and have been on the anti-depressants for 2 months with no change. I ask him about the fibro and he says it's not a highly reconizable disease and we'll wait to see what the Rhumetologist ways on Monday and tells me to quit all medications as of yesterday. Now I'm upset cause i have a doctor who won't give me anything for sleep and stop the current meds cold turkey. Now I'm upset, tired and hurt all over today...

I'm thinking of changing doctors and live in New Jersey... Any recomendations??? I've been looking around for someone in my healthcare plan which is Horizon BCBS Direct Access.... I want to find somene that acknowledges Fibro and won't waiver from it after telling his patient that what he has and tries treating him for depression when he says he's giving me those meds to help with sleep!
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Going cold turkey from either of those meds can cause some major physical and/or mental problems!! I don't get what's wrong with these docs these days!!

You need to taper off SLOWLY from both of those. Don't let anyone tell you differenty!! You could possibly end up in the ER or worse if you just stop cold turkey.

I am on numerous meds-it took a good 6 months to figure out what I needed, and what helps. I still have constant pain, but not in the 10+ range like I did before.

I am on 2 anti-D's, a long-acting narcotic, a break-through pain med when needed, klonopin, topomax and doxepin for sleep.

You're so right-find a doc who believes in the power of this disease, and is willing to treat you with the respect you need!! Good luck!! PG
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

Pepper.. that's what I thought about th meds... just stopping cold turkery even if they weren't doing anything seems like I could be in toruble. I cut the dose myself on the 2 last night but only have 2 more half doeses on the xanax! Oh well, we'll see what happenes!

Anyone else with an opinion please chime in... I'm at my witt's end!
  4. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

I cannot believe how a doctor can do that to you these professionals are supposed to help us not make us more miserable! Find a new doc immediately, you need to be taken care of, you're being treated for something you don't have that is wrong!! Insist on being treated for your illness not what the doc "thinks" you have!! Good Luck to you I hope you find a doc to care for you & treat your illness!!
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

I have been on Lexapro 10mg and Xanax 1mg for 2 months....
    The rhummy that I'm going to I double checked with today does deal with people with fibro and my doctor and him have no relation... I am upset with my doctor cause he just STOPPED the meds... When I first started all this 2 months ago and even before he kept asking me if I was depressed and I kept telling him no I don't believe so. 2 months ago I was really complaing about staying asleep and he said I'll give you Lexapro for the sleep and slipped in it was a class 1 anti-depressant. I was fine with it since I figured if I was depressed it would help but he gave it to me for "sleep". 2 weeks later I went back and told him there was no change. He then gave me the Xanax. 2 weeks later I told him no change and he said give it time which I did... When I told him tuesday that nothing was working and that I even just went through a death in the family with no change, better or worse, he said, you know what the meds I gave you were for and I said yes they were for depression and that's when he said to go see a shrink! I told him I don't need a shrink i need something to KEEP me a sleep, not fall asleep and something for pain. We talked breifly about Relefan which has never worked for me in the past so he gave me nothing........ He brough up Lunesta and then said, let's wait and see what the rhummy says before we try anything... Why not just give me a 7 day supply and see if that helps..

On a side note, while on the Lexapro and Xanax I felt NO emotion except for anger which I believe was due to the fact I was taking 3 pills every night (I'm also on Nexium that I won't let him take me off of) and was getting 0 in the way of results. This is now putting a strain on my relationship with my wife and son since I'm either coming home from work and laying in bed or coming home and getting in some type of argument with my wife over stupid stuff! I'm going home tonight to have a heart to heart with her to let her know it's not her I'm mad at.

Thank you all for your suppoert, otherwise I'd feel even more lost than I already do!
  6. cczub

cczub New Member

bump.. looking for as much feedback as possible
  7. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

I cal it the "bye bye" disorder that Drs have...they get so tired of SICK people they start to push you off to other Drs and hope you will go away...

Take everyones advice here and find a new Dr.
    It is clear he doesnt have your best interest.
    They are people too and some of them are sub-human and should stop playing Doctor. He needs a job that cant hurt people. It is very dangerous to stop cold turkey.

Jgavi
  8. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Have you thought about looking into treatment at one of the FFC's. They will get to the root of your smptons, (what is causing you to be sick). You may have an underlying infection and need medical professionalism to guide you through to wellnesss. I'd recommend you visit FCC on the Website and try them since they understand the dynamics of these diseases and you will receive the correct medications to bring you back into a balanced state of health.

One should and does not need to suffer so badly when there are doctors out there that are trained and highly skilled in getting these diseases managable. It just takes time!!!!!!!!!!! but timing is of the essence for you since your doctor stepped aside. Seems he has forgotten his Medical Oath, huh................

Hope you find a good, caring doctor. Hang in there and God Bless You.
  9. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I had a horrible doctor over a year ago. I dropped him and didn't know who I should get.

I went to the front desk of the clinic and asked the Receptionist who she thought was a good doctor. She highly recommended the PCP I have now and also said that he is her doctor. Well, he is great, he always gives me what I need for pain and what have you.

I hope you can find someone who treats you with respect, I know how you feel - keep searching!

Laura
  10. cczub

cczub New Member

I know I've seen them on here boefore and should just do some more searching but am at work.. yes at work with all of this ripping up a floor I just put down last week...

Could someone post a link!