I need Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Traymond, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Traymond

Traymond New Member

I have posted before about lymph nodes. If you have swollen lymph nodes would a CBC come back completely normal. I have had pain in my armpits for 2 years and in my neck. My doctor says he can't feel them. I just had a chest xray and CBC and they came back normal. I am thinking maybe Fibro. I have pain in my shoulders both sides of the neck, just above the elbow, thigh, buttocks, knee, etc.. My real question is if I had swollen lymph nodes would a CBC come back normal or would it show some type of elevated counts. Thank you.

2. Catseye

Catseye Member

The only lymph node I could feel everyday and exactly what size it was is the one on the back of my neck on the right side. It was the size of a quarter for years. It was only after I got ill and finally changed my diet to a healthy one, it started shrinking. Now it feels like a BB. I have ALWAYS had normal bloodwork for the past 4 years since I've been ill, even when I felt like death was just around the corner.

I did just find this site the other day that had some interesting things to say about the lymphatic system, which I have basically been ignoring.

It's robertgroves.com

I guess I'm going to pay attention to mine a little more.

And I thought of something else, look a the "did you have your tonsils out" post.

best wishes

karen
  3. cct

cct Member

traymond,

I have had glands that swell up and then return to normal, on and off, for many years.

I have all kinds of tests and seen all kinds of doctors.

No one has ever given me a spcific reason for the problem exept to say that I have CFS and swollen gland are to be expected.