I NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by theycallmeLois, Apr 14, 2007.

1. theycallmeLois

theycallmeLois New Member

I am in sooo much pain. and now my legs are tensing up and not releasing. My flexeril isn't working. I was just dx last week, so I havn't been in the loop long.

IT HURTSSS...Do I go to the urgent care or ER or something? Do I tough it out?!?!?! WHAT DO I DO?!?!?! I CANT TAKE IT CAN MORE!!!!!
  2. coolma

coolma New Member

Do you have pain meds? Do you have a muscle relaxer?
    It is OK to take the two together, according to the prescription you have been given.
    Do you have a Doctor on call you can telephone?
    Do you know the health contact line (211?) in your area for an immediate nurse on=line. There is one. I don't know where you live so I don't know the number for you.

If you cannot treat the pain, go get help.
    Maybe the meds you have been prescribed are not working for you. Don't sit in the pain too long as it will affect your thought processes.
    Get help.
  3. theycallmeLois

I don't have any pain meds. I took some 800 mg ibephroen eariler.. it didn't help.
  4. Engel

Engel New Member

Sorry you are in so much pain. Go to Urgent Care. ER may be super slow on a weekend.

((((((( hugs )))))))
  5. theycallmeLois

the pain wins this round. I havn't eaten much today because i've hurt.
  6. jole

jole Member

Hi there! We find that ER is not all that good for us. They soon "label" us and don't want to do much for us anyway. I try to wait it out myself. Try a nice warm bath with epsom salts, but make sure someone is there to help you out of the tub. It will make you weaker than you already are, but it does help the pain.

Also heating pad if you have one. Bless your heart. This is no fun, and never gets easier!
  7. theycallmeLois

I didn't go in yet. My mom came in my room and rubbed my legs, which hurt when she rubbed them but hey. I cried then fell asleep with a heating pad and a blanket on.

I still cant move my legs. I know how scary it is for me.. just wonder how scary it is for her.
  8. 6cats

6cats New Member

Try and keep your legs wrapped up and maybe put a pillow underneath them as well, to help with the circulation. Take deep breaths, I know it hurts...maybe because they hurt and you are tensing it may be making it worse...been there myself...and yes if there is some on call professional you could call she might be able to advise :)
  9. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Lois,

I feel so bad for you; pain is NO fun . I had to go to ER Sunday night but had no choice. I do hope you will make it through the night but if you feel the need to go, then that's what I would do.

Don't wait too long; my thoughts are with you,

BlueSky555
  10. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Hope you're feeling a little better today, I'd hate to be so dang young with this lousy stuff....

Hugz,
    Tona
  11. horsepower

horsepower New Member

hi Theycallmelois
    i take a footbath, nice warm water with fresh rosemary and give my leggs a masage while taking the footbath....also i focus on something that gives me a happy feeling...helps me most of the time..
    good luck.