I need info on Interstitial Cystitis please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jul 30, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been having cramps that are like menstral cramps and very low but worse than any I have had before. It is not close to time for me to have my period.

It occured to me today that this might be IC (I hope not). Can anyone tell me if cramps are one of the symptoms?

I have urinary hesitancy, but that is from the Cymbalta because it is one of the side effects and it just started when I started the med.

The cramps are like nothing I have ever experienced and they feel like someone is killing you.

Thanks for the advice.
    Sonya
  2. twinmomplus2

twinmomplus2 New Member

What about PCOS? The cramping sounds like PCOS, not IC. IC usually is cramps that go along with a strong or urgent need to urinate. PCOS usually involves cramps, but also
    # infrequent menstrual periods, no menstrual periods, and/or irregular bleeding
    # infertility or inability to get pregnant because of not ovulating
    # increased growth of hair on the face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes
    # acne, oily skin, or dandruff
    # pelvic pain
    # weight gain or obesity, usually carrying extra weight around the waist
    # type 2 diabetes
    # high cholesterol
    # high blood pressure
    # patches of thickened and dark brown or black skin on the neck, arms, breasts, or thighs
    # skin tags, or tiny excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
    # sleep apnea?excessive snoring and breathing stops at times while asleep

Well, I hope this helps.
    Kelly
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

but the only symptom on that list I have is the first one and I think that is because I am approaching menopause.

Sonya
  4. spacee

spacee Member

a lowgrade bladder infection? Especially since the Cymbalta sounds like it isn't letting your bladder empty.

I have gone through it all with my bladder and was given the IC diagnoses. However, I don't believe it. Maybe I have something like "pre IC". I really just take mannose to keep the acid foods from irritating and I am fine.

Hugs, Spacee
  5. pawprints

pawprints New Member

A good Urologist who knows about IC can properly diagnose it. Prelief with foods seems to help plus cutting back on food irritants.

It seems alot of us also have overlapping problems like IC, IBS, etc. Also, baking soda in water has helped me. But please check with a doctor because there are medications and herbs that can help IC.

Best of luck to you on figuring this symptom out.
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I can't even begin to thank you for the time and effort you put into your many answers on my behalf. I so appreciate it because I know how precious our time and energy are.

You have really helped me too. My symptoms do not really line up with IC and I am way past due for a pelvic exam and my daughter just started having her period so it is time for both of us to go anyway.

Hugs and blessings to you socialworker,
    Sonya
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

8. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I just thought she should start with yearly check ups now that she is menstrating.

I worry though every time she talks about being tired and she is only 12. I hope this DD misses her, but my aunt has it (FM) and she thinks my cousin (her daughter) does too and that her mother did also.

and who says it does not run in families???

Hugs,
    Sonya