I Need Prayers!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1Candee, Aug 1, 2003.

1. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

I don't post much but this board has been so very helpful to me since I've gotten on it b/f last Xmas. I just need to vent--I have so much fear and have been crying most of the day b/c I see no light--I see no tunnel. I have been out of the hospital a week and had surgery(laproscopy)for a ruptured appendix 11 days ago. I was in a CFS and major IBS flare when I was taken to the emergency room and surgery was done 4 hrs. later. Am not recovering very well, physically or psychologically. What's there to recover to--my original CFS state. Now I have one more pain in the side to deal with-still on pain meds and my Graves eye disease has flared out of control with one eye totaly closed and the other bulgy w/ double vision. How can we take all of this--live day to day feeling like we're dying? My husband cannot take much more of me and neither can I. Am in a real bad space right now. Please respond, Cat
  2. Susiem

Susiem New Member

I know it is not easy. Feeling bad everyday takes it's toll on us. However our friends and family need us as much as we need them. We are an example of tenacity and strength. The most important thing is to remember that you are loved. Find a positive thought and build that into a positive attitude. It will get better with a little time. May God comfort and bless you!
  3. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Cat, I really hate to hear you have so much pain. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. You have to believe that there is a tunnel with a light. It must be a very long tunnel and that is why we cannot see the light at the end of it. Hopefully soon they will come up with a fix for this DD. I too often feel that I cannot take much more of this. I am having surgery on Monday and I am afraid of how I will feel afterwards but I am also afraid not to have the surgery. We must keep on trying to be the person we use to be although I know how difficult it can be. Take care. Hope you feel much better soon.
    HURTSALOT2
  4. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

go out to you.
    I will keep you in my prayers tonight as i keep all of us FMS and CFS sufferes every night. We all will get through this with the love of God.
    Some how our faiths in 'god and ourselves will get us through our pain, although i known we all lose sight of this sometimes. We must keep strong, for only then we will get some relief. No matter how hard it gets, we must keep true to our beliefs, and our beliefs will help us through our hour of need.

With all my Love and prayers
    Kelley
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear you are having so much pain, and not healing as you expected.

I have cut and pasted your post on the Worship Board too for you so that the Prayer Warrior's that go there can also offer up prayer for you.
    I am having a problem with my computer tonight, I got your message up on the Worship board, then I could not post a reply myself, so am replying to you here.

We all heal slowly with these illnesses, so do please give yourself time to heal. Try to keep the stress down, so that you can get well soon. Stress is our worst enemy as you know, and you need to be patient and calm as much as possible so that your body can heal.

I will be praying for you along with all the others here.

God bless you and your husband............

Shalom, Shirl

6. ozgran

ozgran New Member

prayers and many many many (((((((((((((((Soft Hugs))))))))))) going up just for you. It is not easy dealing with these DD's but we are here for each other. Love Ozgran.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry that you have been through so much. The prayer warriors here will definitely take over, so you just rest and recouperate. You have just had a big assault on your body and it needs to heal. Please believe that you will get better; actually expect to get better. It does help with the healing.

Sometimes in life, we have to just take a big leap of faith. That's hard to do when you are so run down, but you will get through this. Right now, you need to rest. Turn this over to God and let Him take care of it while you rest.

Love, Mikie
  8. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Prayers going up and multiple blessings coming down.
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Try not to measure yourself with a yardstick of others. Your healing steps may be smaller, but more significant. Prayers are being sent your way. Fondly, June.
  10. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

I am so sorry to hear of all the pain you are going through right now. I will be praying for you and your husband. I know it seems like your at the bottom of the pit right now, but the light will show through soon, the power of faith and prayer makes all the difference, especially when you have hundreds of people praying for you. I hope this weekend some sunshine will shine through for you. Keep focused on something positive if you can force yourself to do that. I know thats hard to do when in so much pain. But it does help. Like i said i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are doing today. Love and hugs, mamafrey
  11. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

I am sorry to hear that you and your husband are going through so much right now but, let me remind you of God's promise that he will not give any of us more than we can bear. I know that you must be hurting terribly right now and feeling maybe a little afraid and alone but, God also promised that He would never leave us or forsake us. I believe His word with all my heart and think that you do too.

We all have a purpose here on Earth of than to glorify and praise Him we can help others see His greatness. That is the reason for our existance. I want you to know that your post today helped me to realize that again and it was a blessing to me. It was the simple fact that all you asked for was prayer and your belief that that would make things better.

Remember, God has reasons for EVERYTHING and ALL things happen for the good of those that love HIM. I am very sorry that you feel so bad and of course I am going to pray for you to feel better. I am also going to thank God for letting me see your message that renewed my hope that there are still those that put the power of prayer above all else.

Perhaps your husband could rent the Bible on tape for you from the library if you don't already have it (King James Version.) It might make you feel better to realize that Jesus loved Job and Lazarus too but, they too suffered to glorify Him for others. Thank you for sharing you faith today. I will be keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

God bless,
    Lisa
  12. little

little Member

I am sending some prayers to you. I am so sorry that you are going through this tough time. Take it easy and slow right now. Put all of your energy on getting better. God Bless. Gail
  13. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

You just cannot imagine how much all of your heartfelt messages meant to me. A person just cannot seem to get this kind of support in the real world--but then again people cannot understand what we go through on a daily basis. Having all of these messages from you all this morn when I turned on my 'puter gave me some hope and took away some of the fear I have of feeling out of control when it comes to my health and a lot of times my life. A plan is what I need---there are definate plans for me to look into my gastro-intestinal probs on Monday. I was having this before the appendectomy and it had left me drained. Am thinking diverticulitis or some bad intestional flu. I have also had 4 bladder infections since the first of the year and my lower back has been hurting like kidneys. All this is no doubt the nature of the beast, CFS/Fibro--add stress to the mix because of unsolvable problems and it becomes a vicious circle. Thank you, my dear friends for validating me, my pain and heartache--it makes a world of difference. i feel so grateful to have a board like this where I can learn from others, research, get love and support. Luv you all, Cat
  14. anthonyDM

anthonyDM New Member

It is the caring responses like those above that brought me to join this forum instead of some of the others-compassion and caring!

I too will be praying for you Cat, and for all those who are in most need of my prayers right now.

Sometimes when things get so difficult and can't even find the words to write, just reading responses like these serves as a source of consolation and support.

Thanks to all of you.

"Those who can sympathize and even empathize with others who are suffering, are those who have suffered many trials and difficulties themselves -- this is a fruit that comes from suffering...the fruit from a tree of pain"
  15. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

And with all the others that's a lot of prayers.

Be comforted and please do believe that you will heal quickly. In some unknown way your body responds to messages that you send it.

Love,

Sandra
  16. barbaraabishop

barbaraabishop New Member

Dear Candee
    You are loved by so many who are reaching out to you through prayer. One of the blessings of God is good health & we are all waiting for the time we will feel so blessed. Yes trust in Him above all else.I know prayer works & its such a positive thing in our tortured lives. Rest, rest dear one & when you can watch some funny old "I love Lucy" or "The Honeymooners" & have a few belly laughs, gets the endorphins up & helps pain. We all need to laugh more. Be good for your husband too. May God touch you both in love, hold fast to each other.
    Love
    Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2003]
  17. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

So sorry to hear you are in such pain.
    I too am saying a prayer for you and will send positive energy your way.
    When I am really down and hurting I have some relaxation music I listen to. Also I find watching a funny movie helps to take my mind off my troubles.
    Just that mental break for an hour or 2 can help recharge my coping mechanism for a bit.
    Let us know how you are doing.
  18. vvblanco

vvblanco New Member

I have CFS, FM, and osteoarthritis. I am 39 years old and I feel like I'm about 69 years old. My husband is active and lively and I could just sit, sleep and do nothing all the time. I totally understand your difficulty. Please write me at VVerdun@jpjc.org (that's two V's not a W)during the daytime and Gerridel@aol.com at night. Write anytime you feel down. I will be happy to write back and give you support. God bless you and comfort you.
    V.
  19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

keep you close in my prayers, Cat. There are days when life is overwhelming and just when you think one more thing can't possbily happen............ it does! I call it the "here we go again syndrome!" And is sucks! I'm sending you lots of love, hugs (very tender), prayers and 'good vibes' hoping something will work!

Take perfect care,

Kim
  20. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

Keep praying and believing! God IS there to help you thru this. You aren't alone.

I've never seen so many caring people in my life! They are our Blessing!

I feel really humbled just reading all the loving replies. Knowing that we are understood is a wonderful thing, but it's sad to know that it takes shared suffering understand.

God Bless you, and all the wonderful folks who care!
    sumbuni
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2003]