I NEED SLEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizajane40, Oct 10, 2005.

1. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I can't sleep. It takes a high dose of Lunesta and my pain meds to get me to sleep, but then I wake up every two hours! Tossing and turning all night!

I tried Ambien before, but it stopped working. Any other options out there?????
  2. VictoriaM

VictoriaM New Member

There are lots of different meds for the sleep problem, so don't despair!It's finding the right one,eh?
    Personally I have found Alprazolam (Xanax)very effective.It is a benzodiazepine (same group as Valium)so some doctors might hesitate but all you can do is suggest or insist.I take heaps of other drugs for the various symptoms & Xanax doesn't adversely interact with any of them.
    Remember things like going to bed at the same time every night, no coffee from mid afternoon onwards etc all assist with sleep,
    good luck
    VictoriaM
  3. spasco

spasco New Member

I find that taking my muscle relaxer, Zyrtec, Ambien and a hot cup of Sleepy Time Extra by Celestial Seasonings helps, most of the time. I still have those nights when I just hurt too bad to sleep. SOmetimes I have to prop myself up on pillows to sleep without agonizing pain. I woke up at 5:00 the other morning, and my back between the shoulder blades hurt soooo bad, it hurt to breathe. We had a storm front coming in.

God bless! Stephanie
  4. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I use amitriptyline 25 mg (you can go higher on this dose if this does not do it) and valerian root. Sometimes I think the cheap over-the-counter valerian root works better than any prescription medications. I think it is like $5 for 100.
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I know how frustrating that is!! I have tried alot of different things

The things that have worked for me are: (not taken in combination)

Klonopin
    Elavil
    Remeron
    Trazadone

Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc Tablets
    Chamomille Tea
    Extra Strength Tylenol Capsules
    Benadryl
  6. cbrogan6

cbrogan6 New Member

My doctor prescribed Elavil for me a little over a week ago,and it's doing wonders. I have been sleeping the best I have in a long time, last night I only woke up once and woke up feeling like I'd actully been asleep, instead of tossing & turning all night. I am taking 2 10 mg tablets about 2 hours before bedtime. Everybody is different, but if you've never tried Elavil maybe you could talk to your doctor about it.
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

Have you had a sleep study? If you have alpha (wave) intrusion you may be a candidate for Xyrem.

abbylee