I need some advise, moms in the hospital

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Apr 26, 2010.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I just got my brother home after 3 months in the hospital. I finally just started to relax some, then my grandmother got put in the hospital for pneumonia. Yesterday my mom got put in the hospital. She just told me that they found blood clots in her lungs? I have never even heard of that.

I am stressed again, and I can already feel the pain getting worse.

My mom lives about an hour and a halfs drive from me. My grandmother is about an hours drive from here.

My mother wants me down there, but I honestly dont think that I can do this. I am so weak and in such pain.

She said that it can either be delt with by medication, or surgery. I am thinking about waiting until I know what they are going to do, and going down if she needs surgery.

My mom has manic depression, and she blows up and lays guilt trips on people. I have always been there for her, and she keeps expecting it. I just dont know if I can handle it or not.

Thanks for listening,
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I know how hard it is when a family member has a mental illness. My 24yo DD has Borderline Personality Disorder. It is a nightmare sometimes. Ok, MOST times. You have to take care of yourself though. Its likely that your mother is going to need you after she returns home from the hospital. I think it wise to wait and see what theyre going to do. Maybe you can get across that its a case of "you can have me now or you can have me later but its out of the question to have both"? I wish you all the best with this and hope your mother recovers quickly. Clots in the lungs can be very serious. If your mothers doctor will talk to you about this it might make your decision easier.

LEFTYGG Member

my mother had a blood clot in her lung its very serious but thet treated it with drugs. hope shes okay.love gail
  4. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I am really worried right now about my heart. I have been having very low blood sugar over the weekend, and today its really high. Now my heart has been fluttering for the past 2 days, and I dont know if its from the blood sugar, or just my heart.

I did put a call into my doctor, but no word just yet. I have had heart flutters all the time, usually only a few a day or so a day. Now I am having at least one every few mins.

I hate to go to the EMR without talking to my doctor, but I am really getting worried that there might be something wrong.

I hate to leave my mom all by herself, but I really dont think I can handle the drive down there, especially with my heart acting up. Just hope I hear from my doctor.