I need some guidance...Jaimy??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PrincessofYoga, Oct 29, 2002.

1. PrincessofYoga

PrincessofYoga New Member

I want to preface this by saying, I have not been on as much as I used to be. I let my FM consume my life and had to step back (major) from everything. I have been VERY fortunate in my months of this illness I have had some periods where I had very little, if any, symptoms of this FMS silly thing I have. I had a period where I put all my research aside, every book, article, etc and got back to living again. I went shopping, walking, hiking, you name it. I conserved some of my energy of course in fear that I would lob myself back into my rut. Well, much to my dismay, I have made it back...

I saw my dr about a week ago. I had a car accident (got rear ended) and he said I had whip lash and any "normal"(person who does not have FM) person would be sore, headaches, etc. A person with FM will have more of a major swing of pain and recoup time. Well, here I sit, a month after the accident and every day my pain is coming back, headaches (something horrible), infections -(seems like yeast but not sure), you name it. I am at a loss on what I should do next. It seems there are so many things I could do..but maybe someone could direct me.

To give you some insight, I have a wonderful internal medicine doctor who diagnosed me with FM. He is caring and genually interested in my health and recovery from the accident. The problem is, he doesnt know what to do with me. He gave me vicodin, which worked wonders for my headache...but when that ran out he gave me ultram (didnt do squat for anything) then darvocet (which really is a joke and made me shake...really!) I wont be able to see my doc for another 3-4 weeks but I can call him with problems (they have been wonderful about that). I didnt want my new boss to know what is going on and still dont. I just dont know how to do this and get myself back on track.

Help!
    Namaste
    Lisa
  2. PrincessofYoga

PrincessofYoga New Member

I want to preface this by saying, I have not been on as much as I used to be. I let my FM consume my life and had to step back (major) from everything. I have been VERY fortunate in my months of this illness I have had some periods where I had very little, if any, symptoms of this FMS silly thing I have. I had a period where I put all my research aside, every book, article, etc and got back to living again. I went shopping, walking, hiking, you name it. I conserved some of my energy of course in fear that I would lob myself back into my rut. Well, much to my dismay, I have made it back...

I saw my dr about a week ago. I had a car accident (got rear ended) and he said I had whip lash and any "normal"(person who does not have FM) person would be sore, headaches, etc. A person with FM will have more of a major swing of pain and recoup time. Well, here I sit, a month after the accident and every day my pain is coming back, headaches (something horrible), infections -(seems like yeast but not sure), you name it. I am at a loss on what I should do next. It seems there are so many things I could do..but maybe someone could direct me.

To give you some insight, I have a wonderful internal medicine doctor who diagnosed me with FM. He is caring and genually interested in my health and recovery from the accident. The problem is, he doesnt know what to do with me. He gave me vicodin, which worked wonders for my headache...but when that ran out he gave me ultram (didnt do squat for anything) then darvocet (which really is a joke and made me shake...really!) I wont be able to see my doc for another 3-4 weeks but I can call him with problems (they have been wonderful about that). I didnt want my new boss to know what is going on and still dont. I just dont know how to do this and get myself back on track.

Help!
    Namaste
    Lisa

[ advertisement ]