I need some help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by waterstone, May 30, 2003.

1. waterstone

waterstone New Member

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and myofacial pain early last year.
    I am trying to cope and still have my ups and downs. Mostly the weather seems to affect me. since the illness I have been having trouble keeping a job because of absences.

My husband was supporting me but just got laid off and I want to do anything I can to help us survive but am limited in some ways and seem to be hurting more because I am stressed again.

Does anyone know of help for me or any place to call to find a job that will be flexible? Maybe a placement center.

Curious of what anyone that is currently working, or that has information has done.

thanks much in advance

2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I have had fibro/cfs for 16 years. I am single and have to work.
    In the past 8 years I have gone from making 16. an hour to half that. It is a very hard thing to do and then the financial stress hits but it was the only way I could continue to work.
    I found a job that is less stressful and that has helped me at least feel like I can continue to go. Stress is terrible on pain and exhaustion.

There may be some type of employer accomodations, but I really don't know.
    Hopefully someone will respond who can give you more info.
    I wish you the best and will be praying for you and your husband.
  3. waterstone

waterstone New Member

I appreciate it.

I am looking right now for something and am on a waiting list for vocational rehab. Supposed to help but they need to help those who are worse off than me so it may be a while.

Cross my fingers though. :)

So, you've had this for a lon time huh.
    Can you teach me everything you know? (smile)

I need all the help I can get.

thanks again
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

in our area you get $11.00. Here you can sit in your car until you need to cross kids. The hours are here from 2-4 pd. It isn't a lot but it a thought.

Good luck to you two, Kim and Gary
  5. waterstone

waterstone New Member

There are so many jobs out there that you don't even think about. I will look into that. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks