I need some suggestions please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hawkeye, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I am splurging on a new mattress in the spring when I get my income tax refund so I am going to take my time and research this and get one that I really and truly love.

I am very embarressed to admit this but I am sleeping on the mattress that my parents bought me in 1972. I am sure that this is a large part of the problem of pain that I am experiencing.

Does anyone have a mattress that they love or any suggestions on mattress's to stay away from.

I am so excited about this and I am on a limited income so this is a HUGE investment for me.

Thanks,
    Karen
  2. wanderingbluedragon

wanderingbluedragon New Member

I've never tried them, but boy they look like the ticket. Memory foam beds are supposed to take the pressure off of the small points we lay on and evenly distribute it...I would love to try one because they look like heaven and like you feel you're whole body is supported comfortably. Maybe you could venture out to try one in a store? Good luck finding your dream bed...lol

Blue
  3. Toga

Toga Member

Its a Sleep Number Bed and we absolutely love it.

We had two different friends that recommended it and went into the store "just to look."

Be sure and lay down on each mattress you are interested in and good luck.

Toga
  4. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I have had neck and back surgery. Until I got this mattress topper from Overstock.com I was not doing so well.

In about a week after the purchase I noticed a big difference in the way i was feeling.

It's the best money I've spent in years.
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I purchased one of these for my queensized bed and I love it. My mattress is firm, yet soft at the same time with tthis pillowtop. I purchased it at KOHLS when they had the 50% off sale on them. I think I paid about $85 when it was half off.

I agree with the person who told you to go lay on mattresses and really try them out. Take along your pillow. Lay on the mattress about 15 minutes. So what if people look at you; you are going to spend 8 hours of every day lying on this.

Take your time. See how your back feels when you get up from lying on the mattress. Take along a notebook and write down your observations. Score on a 1 to 5 scale the important things that you need for each mattress. otherwise, they start to blend together and you can't remember the details on any one mattress.

My sister has a sleep number mattress and loves it.
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

I really need a mattress too and have been wondering about the Tempurpedic. On their website, they have a drop down menu of states where there are Hotels that have their beds. I checked for all your surrounding states, and the only one I saw was in Minnesota. Might be worth a night or two at a hotel, just to try out the bed. Just a thought.

Microtel Inn & Suite
    150 St. John
    Owatonna , MN

7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have a memory foam mattress topper on my bed and it makes a HUGE difference. I love my memory foam and I am really aware of it not being there when I have to sleep elsewhere like hotels...I have actually been known to bring my topper to hotels with me.

When we move into a house I am going to buy a new mattress and I haven't decided yet whether I will buy a full memory foam mattress or a firm regualr mattress with a topper on it like I have now. Either way I will never give up my memory foam!!
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

2 yrs ago i bought a memory foam bed after an hour i couldnt feel my legs so that one went back then i bought a beauty rest it felt so comfy in the store when it came i hated it and so did my hubby so that one went back the next one was comfy but had a chemical smell for months so we ended up buying a soft sealy hope this helps charlene