I need support going to lawyer Monday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Aug 23, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am going to have to take my son and his live-in girlfriend to court for Gurdianship by deprievaition of my grand- daughter.

My grandbaby is 10 months old and has lived with me for the past 8 months. Her parents are both on drugs, don't want to work, and I am not about to let them have the baby back. My son is the baby's father. They use the baby to get money out of me constantly. I am so sick of it I could scream. Last week they got mad at me and said thy were coming to get the baby. Neither had enough money to even buy a bottle of milk. They were going to just take her from one drugie flop house to the next. I would not have it. I have got to go to court and get something legal in oder to keep the baby safe. This is the only home she has ever known, and I'll be damned if they are going to drag her around with them to who knows where. They already have a warrant in another state from when the baby was a newborn, they were out driving and had the baby with them. The baby was not in a carseat and they were both high on pot. They have a warrant for child endandgerment. Plus they both have been arrested for domestic violence. The baby stays up until 3a.m. almost every night, thanks to her mother doing drugs while pregnant. The baby can't sleep very well. The mother also has manic depressive disorder that she will not take medication for. So I can not see her caring for a baby that crys all night. It really scares me what she might do to the baby if she were to ever get to take her. Please pray for me and my grandbaby, her name is Kaylie Ann, she was named after me,

Take care,
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I really need a boost right now. Thanks for your post. The baby is gorgeous! She is very blonde, with big blue eyes! She just cut two little teeth on the front bottom of her gums, it is sooooo cute when she smiles! She is so chubby, and healthy, just perfect! I'll try and post a picture of her later, if I can remember how to do it. My bio needs updating anyway, haha!

Take Care!
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I did put up a picture of my grandbaby in my bio. Boy, I was sure hoping for more response than this. Jeez. Bummer.
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...it never ceases to break my heart and to evoke great admiration for the grandparent who saves the baby from such a life.

Will be praying for you and for the court to see things as they are and award you custody of this precious baby. I also pray for your son and the mother...they need to get out of this lifestyle while they can. One of my sons had a drug problem for 10 year, and he has straightened out. Thankfully, there were no children and he is now married to a wonderful girl, going to school, living a good life. The grace of God is the only reason this is a good outcome.

Bless you for your selflessness.

5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I really needed some support right now! My son has no idea what he is doing to Kaylie and to me. I just hate all this.
    He has intention of getting a job. He just wants to lay around and sell drugs to get by. I will not have that life syle around Kaylie. I did not raise him to be like that, I don't know what went wrong with him.

Thanks a lot!
  6. budmickl

budmickl New Member

What went wrong was his choices in life. And some that is he is going to regret for years and years.

I hope everything turns out in your favor. I don't envy what lies ahead of you in this fight. But the main goal is to keep the baby in a safe a loving environnment.

What does the maternal grandparents say about the situation?

7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

The maternal grandparents has no interest in getting invovled. The baby's mother had a baby removed from her by dfacs two years ago due to neglect. That was before my son knew her. That baby was adopted out. The maternal grandparents and the mother didn't want it. These people are real scuz balls if you ask me, how in the world can you turn your back on your own grandchild? I think the mother only wants Kaylie because she thinks she can get money out of me. She doesn't really want to take care of her day to day. She acts like it kills her to change a poopy diaper or to feed the baby a jar of baby food. She is so lazy. My son is gong to hate me for doing this custody hearing, but I have no choice any more. I can not just let them drag Kaylie out of my house to where ever they what to take her. They have no common sense where the baby is concerned.

I, too, wish you well..I think you're making the right decision by going to court and getting custody of your granddaughter..hopefully, by getting custody, your life and her's can start to settle down..she's a very lucky little girl to have a grandma like you in her life.

Keep us posted..and best of luck!
  9. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Regardless of how your son feels towards you about this, I think you are doing the right thing. If he was doing the right thing, you wouldn't be taking these actions.

It's good that the other grandparents don't have any interest in taking the baby. One less fight on your hands.

You are a special person in so many ways. We are here to help you as you need it.

10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I was so sick this morning, I couldn't even walk. So it was either drag out my wheelchair, and have hubby take me or reschedule. So I reshceduled for next week. I have more "evedence" coming in the mail this week anyway. My ex husband and his wife are mailing me notarized statements on how badly the baby was treated by the mother while she stayed with them for a short time right after the baby's birth. So, the mmeting will be next thurday at 11a.m., that gives me more time to get things together. I want there to be no doubt about where the baby needs to be living.
    Damn, feel like have been hit by a truck today. My muscles are so very sore, and so are every single joint in my body. Ouch! They say stress kills... I believe it!

Thanks everyone! you all are great!
  11. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Well I did get the letter from my exhusbands wife. She really put quite a bit of stuff in it about how badly the mother treated Kaylie. It should help my case. My exhusband and his wife have said they will come testify in court if need be, as Kaylie is their Grandchild too. And they want Kaylie to to be with me. So that is good. It is the least he could do considering he never paid a dime child support on his own two children we had together. Go figure. Now that our son is 21 and our dauther is 17, almost 18, he thinks we should all be buddy buddy, jeez, what a loser. But if they help me with Kaylie's case I will appreciate that. I just wish this was all over and I had custody of Kaylie. Cnythia, Kaylie's mother came over this mornig raising cain because I wouldn't give her any money. She just got paid $210 3 days ago. And she is flat broke already. I am not going to keep giving her money all the time, I just can't do it. She tries to use Kaylie as her meal ticket, it isn't right. I can't wait to get that custody paper. I am so tired of Cnythia using Kaylie to get to me. I want to be so rid of Cynthia. She can have supervised visits and that is all. And only if she's not on drugs. I didn't ask for all this crap. I am sick. I didn't need any of it. But I can't let them abuse my grandbaby. Not as long as I'm still breathing. I wish my son had never met that Cnythia, she has done nothing but drag him down. But then I wouldn't have my little Kaylie then either.

Please pray for Kaylie!
    Thanks so much!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2007]
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm sorry you were sick, but it seems like it is working out for the best. So, a week from tomorrow you are going? Not tomorrow, is it?

No, I don't think so.

Good you have a stronger case as the courts are notoriously cautious in taking children away from their biological parents...and that is good, in some cases. However, in yours, it would not be good. So, having plenty of evidence is a good thing.

How are your feeling? Hopefully, stronger and stronger each day.

Praying for a good outcome for you and your darling granddaughter.

13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm praying that you will get custody and that they will see that the baby's safety is of the utmost importance. Bless you for taking care of her.
  14. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My muscles are feelin better and i am able to walk now. But I've come down with a terrible summer cold. Hopefully it will be over with by wendesday. Regardless, I'm going to the meeting. I have to.I am glad that I now have the letter from my exhusbands' wife. She really said a lot in it, about how badly Cynthia treated the baby. The ex and his wife are going to tesify in court for me if needed.

Thanks so much for your support!

15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Eager to hear what the lawyer has to say.

Prayers for this darling little baby...and for her wonderful grandma...YOU!

16. kellyann

kellyann New Member

You all have been so geat! I don't know what I would do without you. I desperately needed some support and you guys came through for me and I thank you all sooooo much! You will never know how much you have meant to me. This has been so very difficult for me to handle. The stress alone is enough to knock me down. I am praying my heart out that this goes quickly and in our favor.

Little Kaylie is almost walking! Her legs are so fat it looks like it would make it hard for her, haha! Kaylie and my daughter, Paige who is three years old play so well together. They have quite a time. They sure keep me busy, haha, but I love it!

Take Care, and Be Well, Your Friend Kellyann