I NEED TO DATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BHopeful, Apr 4, 2007.

1. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

My life feels very empty without a partner. I'm not looking for Mr. Perfect because I'm certainly not and perfection doesn't attract me anyway.

But there must be a gay male in NYC with fibromyalgia who wants a partner with the same. Who gets the ups and downs.

I'm able to work and I have a good job. I'm 30 yesr old. I'm not Brad Pitt, but I don't shatter mirrors either.

There must be someone out there...I want to share life (good and bad)

where do I find this? Any help/suggestions from my board friends.

Ben
  2. clerty

clerty New Member

I feel for you we need to have just someone to hold us and make us feel not so alone I am not sure about meeting folk but perhaps the lonley hearts in the paper.

good luck to you!!!

Clertyx
  3. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Merely a suggestion........

match . com

it seems to be one of the safer sites....

are there any types of things you always wanted to do but put it off like....taking some kind of class......

Borrow a friends dog and take it to the dog park?

I had fun when I did the internet dating....

met some really nice ones and well, you always find a few..not so nice ones..

I had my rule as well......I only wait 15 minutes for them to show up at a coffee shop for a meeting.

ANd....if in a half hours time I figured out that this would not be a good match..I would politely say....

We have nothing more in common and I wish you the best of luck....

I always paid for my meals as well...
    ANd always tell a freind where you are going and with whom and leave your numbers......

and last but not least......If, you find that 'right' person do yourself a favor and do a background check on them..... U S Search is good for that.
    YES, I have done that.....

39.00 is a small price to pay and not get used for hundreds of dollars..

Good luck
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I've known a good number of people who have found great boyfriends/girlfriends on match.com, some of whom have gotten married (and appear happy thus far).

I would imagine that on a site like that, there would be plenty of people who either had some kind of disability or who wouldn't rule out dating someone with this disease.

Certainly, that's where I'd start if I were looking.

Best, Lisa

5. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Hey friend...just a suggestion, but put your picture up on your profile..lol he he
    Best of luck your friend Gigglepoet
  6. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

I'm the one in the picture wearing glasses. Can you see it? It says it's posted, but when I view my profile it's not showing up.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks all for the suggestions...

Ben
  7. ravenpaige

ravenpaige New Member

Ben,

Since others mentioned dating sites online, I know of a couple of free ones: plentyoffish and okcupid.

Didn't meet anyone long-term on either myself, but I did meet some nice people. Plus, free is good.

Someone else mentioned the dating site for people with diabilities, which I also recently heard about somewhere...one of the news sites I think. I don't know the name, however, but might be worth googling for it.

I have recently started seeing someone, but not through the dating sites, but still, I've heard those sites do work for some.

Best of luck. It sure isn't easy to find someone even without this DD, much less with.
  8. clerty

clerty New Member

I dont know why you are single If I was a gay male I would go out with you !!!

Clertyx
  9. BHopeful

BHopeful New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I've also recently been going to the gay & lesbian center in NYC - they have a lot of fun group meetings.

I'll start to try the online thing - I've avoided it..I tend to be a traditionilist.

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Hugs,
    Ben
  10. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Im so sorry that you are having such a hard time. Having FM is the pits. (BTW, might I add that you are sooo lucky to live in NYC...I love it there!)

You have so many good qualities though, you are still young, very handsome, and you seem to have a good outlook on life despite having this DD so young.

My fiance's good friend is gay. I dont know specifics unfotunatly, but he has met men though internet sites. Too bad you didnt live around Boston or I could have possible done some matchmaking :)

Personally, they say that you meet your best partners in college...well im 26 and I already met mine and I see you look like your working in a field that you would have had to attended, I would suggest maybe some kind of night classes...not at a college (too $$$ maybe) but maybe something that interests you or that is a hobby of yours...for example photography. Thats a little different...I guess!?

Good luck to you
    Hugs,
    Steph
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2007]