I need to learn to deal with stress better..I just dont know how

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Today was absolutely from the pit, but I'm going to go try to workout a little and figure out a way to let go of the BAD stuff. I'm going to try to end the day on a good note.

I just dontk now what to do with the negative emotions and negativity that others generate towards you sometimes. I just don't know how to deal wtih this. I feel it inside of me in knots. I can't even explain it.. I tense up all over and can't get rid of this horrible feeling and stress.

ARGH :(
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I feel your pain. I get the same way and it's all-consuming.

My therapist showed me some breathing exercises which help a little. You breath in deeply pushing your tummy out while the air comes in. Then exhale contracting your tummy again.

It's harder than it sounds when you're stressed but it is a natural remedy for anxiety. It definitely has a calming effect. Try to empty your mind while you're doing the breathing.

I hope this is helpful.

sofia
  3. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I've had plenty of anxiety, finally my doc put me on celexa, i didn't think it would help, but did it anyway, she said it'll take up to a month to help me with my moods, thats why i am on it. Well in the 2 week i & others notice i was calmer, but i do still get mad, but it helps me LET GO of somethings, and not worry so much, it's odd how it works to me.

Also, when people hurt my feelings, i just tell them like it is, put them in their place, where it's due of course, i try to do it in a nice manner so they'll feel like the idiot & rude one. I don't go around jumping on people anymore, but i do set them straight where it's needed.

I wish you the best
    saph
  4. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

have you tried meditating or yoga? Keeping a journal and writing about everything and everyone that has caused me stress really helped.
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

One of the things I've learned about dealing with stress is to separate the things I can control from the things I can NOT control.

Most things in life we have No control over...therefore the only thing we can do or learn to do is control the way WE react to them.

So many situations in life can change if we recognize which parts we have control over. If someone is treating you badly, learn to recognize that you DO have control over allowing them to do so, or not allowing them to do so.

When you run into crappy, crabby people in your day to day dealings, learn to tell yourself that you have no control over how other people act, but you can choose whether or not YOU let if affect your day.

Is this making sense to you?

Nancy B.
  6. elephantella

elephantella New Member

Hello there. I feel for you and understand how you feel totally. I cant offer you any suggestions as im still trying to work it out for myself. However i hope this helps you in knowing that you are not alone in your darkest moments. Take care and try to be strong.
  7. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Thanks. I think I will start journaling more. Also realizing what I am and am not in control of will help. I am discerning, maybe most of us here are super sensitive this way? That makes it harder because you pick up on things sometimes you wish would go over your head.

One of my bosses can be a real jerk and unfortunately I can't help but give him attitude back. I already turned in my notice because of it about a month ago. He did it again the past two days in a row. Anyways, I'm sure we'll work it out.

It's really hard to know where to draw the line and sometimes if someone is truly out of place. Then to figure out how to deal with it if they are. It's taxing on the brain cells! argh! hehe

Thanks for the input. It does help. Have a great evening ladies and gents.