I need to reduce stress in my life...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Please share some of your favoirte ways to relax.

2. cshellz

cshellz New Member

Good topic. Guess it depends on what parts of the old body are working at the time....
    ~water and putter in the garden (if its cool out)
    ~cook or bake: even if just to share with neighbors
    ~sew (trying to learn to quilt), crochet or make jewelry
    ~walk on beach and collect rocks
    ~ or if it is just shut down time, cup o coffee, graham crackers, my 2 mini doxies--the couch lotsa pillows and a great old movie. The pups are good sympathetic company!

Good topic....
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I need help as well. I keep telling myself I cannot take anymore on. Yet, I'm always the one having to take something on because life keeps throwing things at me.

IF I have ANY control over the situation, I say no. I do not schedule anything except 'must do' appts, I do not promise to do anything for or with anyone anymore (was famous for that.."I'll do it!")

For me to relax, I have to not think, and not thinking sometimes means taking my mind somewhere else...watching a good movie on TV or a funny show, reading a book etc. I love to sit outside and just enjoy a moment of peace, but even that now keeps my mind rolling...

Oh how I'd LOVE to be sitting on a boat somewhere. Heaven.
  4. star273

star273 New Member

I love Yankee Candle tarts. I was just burning an apple one.

I agree with you, having a place to go and meditate and just to think and to relax and be thankful for all we have is the best thing to do. I love to do yoga also. Life is so hectic and crazy that I think we all need alone time to think. I love it when my kids are at grandmas and it is all quiet, hubby at work. I love to sit on the floor with soft music and stretch. Stretching is so good for this DD we have. It makes our bodies relax and not be so tense. I love a good book too. Also, I have downloaded some cute shows onto my IPOD and I lay in bed or on the couch and watch them.
    I also love to scrapbook. Its so relaxing. I hope everyone here takes time for themselves to relax. (I think I need to practice what I just preached.) :)
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I am have been trying to clean up the spare room and make it my "special place" All of my craft supplies are in there and unfortunately they are scattered all over that room. If I could just get the table cleared off that would be a good start.

I did get the carpet vacuumed a couple of weeks ago though.

I think I have a spare book case I could put in that room and put all my crafty books in that--'cuz alot of them are on the table.