I need to talk to someone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by powerlessattimes, Jul 10, 2011.

1. powerlessattimes

powerlessattimes New Member

Im feeling very stress I would like someone to make me smile Thanks sor the help I send my loves and prayers
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Hi....Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I love your name! I'm the resident hermit, becoming more and more reclusive lately for some reason. I'm not a summer person, so I'm just waiting for the heat and chaos to pass quickly.

Right now, one of my cats is curled up w me and he always makes me smile. Not to mention my pup who managed to escape her crate this morning and wake everyone up! Pets are sometimes a " Pain", but they ALWAYS make me smile. Do you have any pets? For me, they are my therapists and they don't charge a zillion dollars an hour!

Hope you feel better, stress is no fun, believe me, I know!
  3. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi powerlessattimes,

We all feel stress at times, esp those of us with all of our diseases! Things I do to make me smile or laugh..........
    #1 I call my 5-year old grandson on the phone and he always says something to make me smile or laugh. Just hearing his little voice makes me smile and the things he says sometimes crack me up! Call someone who makes you feel that way.
    #2 When I feel down and go out I smile at everyone I see. You would be amazed at how many ppl. smile back. When someone accidentally cuts me off when I'm driving I smile at them and say, that's okay! I also start a conversation with a bank teller, cashier, etc. and they usually smile back and say something to make me feel better!
    #3 Watching my cats and how funny they are when they play together,it's a riot!
    #4 Watch a funny show or movie you like and it's guarenteed to make you smile!
    #5 Call your best friend or closest relative and just tell them you need them to cheer you up. It really helps to have a support system and I'm sure that they will make you smile and laugh!

What are your stressors in life right now? Maybe if you share more then those of us on the board can just "listen" to help your burdens lesson! That's what we are here for!

Sending lots of smiles your way, Julie ;-)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are some very funny memories I keep for just such moments. My family and I have very unusual senses of humor and sometimes we make each other laugh until it hurts. I can always call on these times and smile. There are all kinds of pics and videos of kittens online which will bring a smile. Nothing makes me smile like watching "Keyboard Cat."

Love, Mikie
  5. momsherry

momsherry New Member

Everyday I try to laugh, like Mikie said, I have had some very funny people in my family, just remembering stories about them make me laugh. Like the time my uncle got drunk at a wedding, and he was holding a bit piece of the wedding cake sitting in the back seat, as my Aunt drove them home. She stopped suddenly at a red light, and his face fell down in that cake and got frosting all over his face. I can just picture that and start laughing. That Aunt could always make me laugh everytime I saw her. I really miss her now. There aren*t too many story tellers like her. Hope you can think bace on some funny stories you have heard. It will really help. I love watching Fraiser, and it really gets me going. I never hear my husband laugh, and I can*t figure that one out. Talking to my daughters gets me laughing, They take after me that way. Take care, Sherry
  6. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I hear u.... very stressed out myself... disability hearing next week... trying to sell my house

and they keep playiing game and Im broke, need the money, the buyers want to move in early

and expect me to keep utilities in my name?? everythings a mess.. so stressed I am flaring..

at the point of a breakdown right now.. no straight answers from anyone...

how are you doing?? whats going on with you???