I need to vent Paranoid or just a Wild Imagination?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 4, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

the very first time I had a terrible health problem I lived in Germany and got very sick. I was told I had IBS
    when I'd go to the bath room I had like a gal. of stuff come out it looked like clear jello .no one could ever explain what it was . I was sick to my stomach all the time no reason was found. I felt like I was Poisoned with something. I have been sick ever since.

I have continued to gain weight threw the years I'm at 250 now . I really do not eat a lot of food but my doctors find no reason I shouldn't be able to loose weight.
    When I had my breakdown 7 years ago it is written about on my other threads if anyone cares to read.

I have always felt like I have been poisoned. Several years ago right before I was really sick I attended a BOD's meeting with a Military Association. I belonged to .We were served a lunch and coming home in my car I became so ill I could hardly drive. I was alone .My bowels turned loose without any control(sorry this is gross) I filled my seat and had to drive home I couldn't stop anywhere I had no change of clothing.

When I got home I took a shower and went to bed I was not able to attend any of the Veterans functions and was in bed for several days. I would think I got food poison but I think I was the only one that got sick.

anyhow I just needed to vent this I'm in a state of paranoid thinking again. Sometimes I feel like there could be a silent form of terrorist attacking our food source but I know that's silly cause my husband kids and others around me at the time would be sick to and it was just me.

I just want someone to know what I have gone threw to see if anyone else has the same health problems. In case there is an explanation for mine.

I have never done anything to harm anyone so I don't think anyone would have ever had reason to hurt me. These symptoms for CFS/FM just seem so weird at times I'm not sure what to question at the doctors cause they think I'm nuts anyhow because of my break down.

If I told them I thought I'd been poison at different times in my life I think they would brush it off and send me to mental health. Why would anyone do that to me ? I am no one famous .Ive never hurt a fly.

But then I see terrorist threats and I get paranoid that because I did speak out in public form for our military maybe it was a revenge thing. Its taken me 7 years to even say this out loud I've been afraid people would think I'm nuts.

This would not explain why thousands of others have CFS/FM

so even though I say it I am not sure even I believe that could happen. I guess I just try so hard to find something to help and things just get worse. Thank you all for hearing me out please commit if you want .

At the least I tell myself I should write a book but I can only sit long enough to write on this board.

maybe someday someone will put together what I think paranoid or not and it will help to find answers to something

2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

have you looked into Syndrome X?

In regards to gastro problems; if the gastrointestinal tract don't function- it could as well be like being poisoned. If the system don't rid of the stuff thru a functioning intestinal tract it will go out in your blood stream.

Have they checked for Crohns disease? The jello type thingie can be one sign of that.

have you been to a gastro doc? How does your blood values look, especially liver?

Don't worry about having "nutty" thoughts! We all do! You're brave to share what's been going thru your mind, after all- with the symptoms you've got, anyone would go thru possible and impossible reasons for their odd symptoms.

I would ask for a gastro doc. and also have a stool lab test done. You need a good looksie to see what is causing all this.

Many hugs!

Lena
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am going to a gastro Doc now and I plan to call him tomorrow with what Ive had all weekend.

I find out more sometimes on this board from people who have simalar problems.

The Doctor says I do not have IBS but did say they would test more if I need it .I'm going to tell him I can not wait 6weeks I am hurting now and pray he will go ahead and test.

I ask him about crohns he never ansewered me.I will ask again
    I have not heard of Syndrome X ,I will google it

thank you for your kindness
  4. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Has anyone ever tested you for parasites?

This may explain why you got sick while in Germany and others around you did not. Some people's systems cannot fight off parasites.....and then sometimes the parasites are so severe they can floor you for months on end. A lot of the time doctors do not think of parasites for some reason.

The year before I got sick with CFIDS, I too was having severe gastrointestinal problems. It lasted for months....it was horrible. By the time they checked me for parasites, it had cleared up. I think I got sick with severe viral symptoms (cfids) about a year later....can't remember the time line.

I'm not sure this is why I got sick with CFIDS, it was just a sign that my body was spiraling down in health (for me).

It's totally understandable for you to "question" -- I review my history ALL THE TIME......trying to figure out why I got this sick. The fact that you were in the military, would make anyone wonder???

I personally would look into parasites....if nothing else to rule it out.

I also would not mention the poisoning theory to my doctors. I just don't think they would be open to that.

Let us know how you do......scapper
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I was tested for that years ago didnt have them.

I was not in the Military My husband was.They tested me over there and again here I was clear

they test me and nothing ever shows up

but why am I sick
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

((((((((hugs)))))) to you to
  7. Scapper

Scapper New Member

"why am I sick" -- I wish I had the answer to this!

I still can't wrap my brain around this myself and I've been sick 12 years.....still baffles me!

Sorry, I can't offer you some relief. I pray you find some answers.

{{{hugs}}}}
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello:

I would not put anything out of a government mode, but who knows?

Do not get paranoid. Why not get a good rhematologsit?
    It may ease your fears.

i understand your concern about the government--they have done to other unsuspectible people things that are awful, there is a whole list of them.

Do not worry. Search for the cure==not for the cause.

nyrofan
  9. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

however, I have wondered about our food supply. More and more of our supplies are outsourced to other countries. Who knows about the chemicals not only they add to our food but even the ones that are added here. There are dyes in our meat and growth hormones in our meats,veggies and fruits and all of the preservatives that we know nothing about. There are health reports everyday contridicting their original findings of things being healthy for us...it's so confusing. I don't have the energy to take it on...so if it's out there, I'll die with the rest of you. I really try to put it out of mind most the time.

I also have constant diarrhea and I just try to stay hydrated. It as though once I finally got my diagnosis of FM along with others, I have accepted the pain, the non-function of my hands, the muscle spasms, the bowel problems, the fatigue and depression. I would tell anyone else not to settle for this state, to insist on more answers and more treatments. I truly just don't have the energy these days. 39 feeling like 69.

Sorry to be negative. I do care about everyone else though!

Prayers & hugs
  10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Im not sure I got that name right
    wish we all could just have a big group hug
    we care about you to your very young to go threw all this Im sorry
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and a couple of other times..so i understand the messing your pants in your car thing...i came on all at once no warning..i just had eaten lunch...thank goodness i had a newspaper in my car so i could put it between me and the seat...

i had to hold up the paper around me praying no one would notice the mess in my pants..so i hurried as fast as i could when i got to my carport..all time find out i left my keyes in my car, so i had to go all the way back to my car. i lived in apts...

i don't have gall bladder...i did see the gastro and they did the sidmoid and said i have the spincter muscle that is open all the time...inside part not the anus...

i had been dx w/diverticoulos..years ago when i was 17 years old...

but this dr. said i had no ibs...

go get checked out it may be the same thing as me..

jodie
  12. carebelle

carebelle New Member

its the worse feeling being in public and it happening I was in a 2 hr back up of traffic in DC .LOL nobody knew but me in my car.

It is so exhausting afterwards and if you already have CFS/FM its feels like you are dieing . Sorry it happen to you or anyone else.
  13. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

You sound like such a nice person. I read something else you had written and was really touched by the way your heart seems so sincere. Thank you for being you!

Jane