I need to vent!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lulustew, Sep 19, 2002.

1. lulustew

lulustew New Member

Hello fellow fibromites!
    I'm new to this forum, have been reading posts, lots and lots to read yet, lots of info.you all sound like such wonderful folks!
    I have to say, I got on, thinking " I just need to vent so badly today" But, just reading your posts has calmed me down somewhat. I'm thankful of that.I don't like feeling sorry for myself, but some days are just overwhelming! and I need to know there are others who understand.
    I was diagnosed with fibro and chronic fatigue about 14 years ago, at first I didn't realize all that was involved, my doc said it was inflamation of muscle fibers, put me on anti-inflamatories and xanax for a few months.after a few years of just getting by, going to doctors for many things, I saw a book at a healthfood store and leafed through it, WOW, what a wake up call! everything in it was happening or happened to me! I realized what I had at that point.BUMMER.
    Most days I don't feel too sorry for myself,and am a fairly "up" person. But some days are just hard.
    this week has been a hard week, too many things heaped up.
    I fell and broke my wrist 6/26/02.The first radiologist did not see the break,It took me a week to get cast,the Doctors office kept putting me off, etc,etc...
    I got cast 7/3/02,went back to work on the 4th,where I work, I have to use my hands, so life has not been easy, I could avoid some stuff.when I went to ortho. doc, he said I was using it too much, I couldn't do anything less!But the thing that bothers me the most is, I go in and work, in pain 90% of the time,I hurt my back doing things I know I shouldn't be doing( I have chronic back problems,too) and they always make you feel "it's all in your head, you look fine"It's SO frustrating!!!!
    I wore my cast for 10 weeks, I am in a brace for two weeks, then start therapy, and I'm taking therapy for knees right now( hurt them in same fall)
    and if you say anything,they say you're "whining" or you're a "wimp"
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    I feel much better, now!
    well, I better quit for now, before you all get tired of me, too!
    thanks for letting me vent!
    soft, gentle hugs to all
    Lulu
  2. lulustew

lulustew New Member

Hello fellow fibromites!
    I'm new to this forum, have been reading posts, lots and lots to read yet, lots of info.you all sound like such wonderful folks!
    I have to say, I got on, thinking " I just need to vent so badly today" But, just reading your posts has calmed me down somewhat. I'm thankful of that.I don't like feeling sorry for myself, but some days are just overwhelming! and I need to know there are others who understand.
    I was diagnosed with fibro and chronic fatigue about 14 years ago, at first I didn't realize all that was involved, my doc said it was inflamation of muscle fibers, put me on anti-inflamatories and xanax for a few months.after a few years of just getting by, going to doctors for many things, I saw a book at a healthfood store and leafed through it, WOW, what a wake up call! everything in it was happening or happened to me! I realized what I had at that point.BUMMER.
    Most days I don't feel too sorry for myself,and am a fairly "up" person. But some days are just hard.
    this week has been a hard week, too many things heaped up.
    I fell and broke my wrist 6/26/02.The first radiologist did not see the break,It took me a week to get cast,the Doctors office kept putting me off, etc,etc...
    I got cast 7/3/02,went back to work on the 4th,where I work, I have to use my hands, so life has not been easy, I could avoid some stuff.when I went to ortho. doc, he said I was using it too much, I couldn't do anything less!But the thing that bothers me the most is, I go in and work, in pain 90% of the time,I hurt my back doing things I know I shouldn't be doing( I have chronic back problems,too) and they always make you feel "it's all in your head, you look fine"It's SO frustrating!!!!
    I wore my cast for 10 weeks, I am in a brace for two weeks, then start therapy, and I'm taking therapy for knees right now( hurt them in same fall)
    and if you say anything,they say you're "whining" or you're a "wimp"
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    I feel much better, now!
    well, I better quit for now, before you all get tired of me, too!
    thanks for letting me vent!
    soft, gentle hugs to all
    Lulu
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

and it seems like here everyone knows how ya feel cause they've been thru it also. These people have been a life savior to me and I know where to come if I have to vent or have any questions or just need some advice.
    Take Care
    Carla
  4. XRAYFFDANIEL

XRAYFFDANIEL New Member

HI LULU

i understand your pain

GOD BLESS

DAN
    9-11-01
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Yes, these boards are great for support, and I'm sure you'll be back to your positive self in no time! I'm normally a pretty positive person also, but I do have my down days...what's important is not to do what I did & beat myself up afterwards. It's ok to be down (or neg) once in a while, we're human!!

Hope you're feeling better physically too really soon...& doesn't it seem harder to be positive all the time when you're tired & in pain. What's up with that?? lol

Take care, Michele
  6. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Go ahead and vent, does a body good. I give you alot of credit even getting to work, let alone working with a broken wrist and bad back. I will be praying that things get better for you.
    Keep your chin up.

Cindy
  7. lulustew

lulustew New Member

thank you for the kind words and support. It's so nice to talk to others who understand. Sometimes people don't realize or care how much it hurts when they make hurtful comments about us.We may look fine, but we don't always feel so fine.
    My hubby and kids have hurt me many times,with unthinking comments. when I broke my wrist,my husband said"now what did you do?" my family and friends make a lot of comments about my "clutziness" Of course I laugh at myself a lot,too.If I didn't laugh I'd be cryin' hehehehe
    I broke my hand three years ago, same hand. I was out walking that time, with a friend.everyone got a laugh from that one, too.needless to say I'm afraid to go on walks anymore.hehehe
    thanks for your support
    gentle hugs
    Lulu
  8. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I get soooooo mad at people with the comment, "But, you look fine." Grrrrrrrrr....they don't know at all how I FEEL! It's very frustrating. Except for my wonderful husband, I don't think anyone understands what I feel. He can't really know what I'm feeling. Like right now, pain, head to toe, worse in some parts than others. He understands the concept, but he's never FELT it. Everyone else in my family thinks I look great! I know about the clutziness too & laughing it off, although you're hurt, embarrassed, but you want to alleviate other people's discomfort at what happened. It bites! Thanks for letting me vent. I'm a little curious to see how my husbands' family deals with my FMS. They haven't ever been around me on a permanent time frame before. We'll see what happens & I'll keep everyone posted. I hope they do understand. I think that my sister-in-law does to a degree. She's a nurse and also a social worker. She works as a social worker. She has also had some very bad back problems, was in a wheelchair pre-operatively & went nuts having to sit still & not work her usual 12 hour days. She's a real go getter type of person. I love her. She dealt with her back situation for several months last year & I think that gives someone a 'little' perspective regarding 'chronic' pain. It never goes away. It's chronic. Everyday. Boy, I feel better now myself. dolsgirl
  9. herblady

herblady New Member

go ahead and vent, we all do. and doesn't make you mad at those people who act like it's all in your head? i'd like to see how they would act if they were in all this pain. i bet they'd be the biggest whiners around! cindi