I need ya alls help.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dan0248, Mar 14, 2003.

1. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

I keep hearing about this Susan Summer’s new diet, I haven't been able to find it and need some directions as where to go. Yes Girls there goes the delusion that men never asked for directions. Is it any good, I’ve started to put on weight and it’s not like me to be this heavy. I can’t stand it and it is really starting to stress me out. I hurt too much to really get into a Gym type thing and then there is also the money thing too.. I need help; I have F/M and what I do in the morning I really pay for that night, but I really want to lose some weight.
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I didn't want to invest in it without reading it first, so I went to public library and found one. I'm still not sure if I can adhere to that type diet so was glad I had only checked it out and not bought it. If you have access to public library, I'd go that route first.
    Brenda
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Go to your local book store and read the forward in the newest book, Suzanne Somers' "Fast and Easy." It explains the theory behind the diet. Basically it's a low-carb/hi-protein diet in which one combines or separates certain types of foods.

She gives yummy recipes which helps to have delicious food so one can stay on the diet and eat that way for the rest of one's life. You can have meat, poultry, fish, veggies, butter, cream, and even desserts. You must initially give up all foods made with white flour, white rice, and white potatoes. After you lose the weight, you can add these things in once in a while.

It's a great way to eat.

Love, Mikie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie summed it up to the max! Just want to add that you are not hungry on this diet (its more a 'way of eating' then a diet), you don't feel like you could go out and eat like a pig to get 'even' (my husband's expression!)with the world.

My husband lost 40pounds in two months on Suzanne's way of eating, and he did not complain that he was missing anything.

She has several books out now, the one we used was; 'Eat Great and Lose Weight', then I got the other; 'Get Skinny on Fabulous Food', but she has several others out now, plus the one Mikie mentioned.

It is a simply way of eating, and does not cost a fortune with special foods. Its a matter of separation, and elimination of certain things.

You can even eat out and still maintain the diet plan, I found it quite simple.

My husband works for an oil company and is away from home for weeks at a time, and he can still maintain the routine without a problem living on a barge with six meals a day to choose from! Thats a lot of food.

My daughter lives on this way of eating, she is a very small type person and can't afford to gain weight. She loves to eat as well as my husband does.

By the way Suzanne also has a website you might want to look at, but sorry can't give you the address on this board.

Good luck, and I hope you give this a try.

Shalom, Shirl