I need your encouragement ,what now?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jul 21, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have started the process of getting healthy. Taking control.
    Well for three days I've had very bad pain in my right side. I get this all the time I have for years but it is worse sometimes. It is a recurring ovarian cyst. I think. So I go in to the doctor she does a pelvic and says there is no cyst. She gives me a council to go have a pelvic sonogram.

This is where they put a stick like thing, like 2ft long inside your vaginal and exray to look for cyst. Very painful for me. I tell her that they do this all the time and she says you are done with menopause your ovaries are not working.

I explain my breast nipple is still bleeding blood and I am concerned about cancer.She says thats not a sign of ovarion cancer.OK

Isn't there a blood test for ovarian cancer now? If she doesn't feel a cyst but there is pain now what ?She says if the test doesn't show a problem then there isn't anything they will do. I said take the ovary out I don't need them if they don't work anyhow, and that will stop that pain. She said they wont do that cause its major surgery and dangerous.

Well I showed her the list I had that I got from an online group of doctors that recommends I need these things done or checked out.

at the top it said a detox, she says ,"that's really out there, we don't do that .Then she says she has ordered a reg. blood work to be done if nothing shows up then I need to pay for it my self and go outside to other doctors or homeopathy drs. Knowing we do not have Insurance for that.
    I said ok I guess that is what I will have to do.

It is in my health records about Fibo and CFS .I said what is your opinion on these Diseases. She really did not answer me. She said if the blood work does not show anything I need to go to other Doctors on the out side.

I am going in the morning and get the blood work for the Hundredth time. And put the results in my records that I started from the on line group.
    I ask her what else on that list she could order to help me check them off my list. She says its been over 20 mins This apt is over .If you need help with another problem make another appointment.

I said so what you are saying is if I have 15 things on this list that another doctor recommends to check out then for each thing I will need another 20 min appointment .So I should call at the beginning of the month and make all those appointments to get this all done.She says yes thats what you will have to do.

Then she says we may not want to do what that Doctor recommends because we don't agree with what they may say. So you would have to go out to another Doctor on the outside and pay for it your self.

So it looks like I will have to deal with one thing at a time and if the doctor I see wants to help ,they may but its probably going to depend on their mood and how open minded they are. This is the run around again. I think they want to frustrated a person hoping we just do not come back.

All I want them to do is what test they can there to save me money and time. I do not think that's unreasonable. If they are not capable of a certain test then I'd go else where and get it.

They just are not willing to do anything to help make this easy on me. I feel its because I have been Dx with FM/CFD

2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I'm bumping this for you. Have you had a "complete" bloodwork done? This is how Rheumy found out about my CRP and CBC.

Otherwise, it does sound as if this dr. doesn't want to take the time to go over each issue with you. I really wish I could give you something else to go on but I just don't know what to tell you. Unfortunately, dr.s seem to only spend a certain amount of time with each patient.

Maybe someone else can give you some advice/opinion/suggestions.

I hope you get some information. I know what it's like to be worried and concerned about something.

BlueSky555
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

NOW.That sounds too suspicious to me and she's not moving fast enough.Linda
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Is there any way you could find a good osteo or naturopathic doc, or combo of both? I am concerend they are ignoring the breast issue. Is it green liquid or blood, you are not color blind by any chance. Here is what I used to do to check when I had this, I would get really white tissue and check the color out, as sometimes I thought it was red but it was dark green. Just a thought.

The pelvic pain could be gas-I know that soubnds trite but I had such awful pelvic pain and then was given simethicone and it went away. My MIL has been to three doctors with the same complaint and I gave her simethicone last night and BINGO. I know you have had cyst problems. I had a spiral CAT scan instead of the vaginal probe BTW.

Anyway, it seems you need someone who is going to really listen and take you seriously, I am so sorry.

Love Anne Cromwell
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

thats my nick name to :)

IT is blood it use to be kind of diluted but now it is just like if you cut your finger and the red blood bubbled out .Its thick red blood.

I have seen two surgeons at two different hospitals 1st and second opinions. They can not find anything. I had a ductogram it shows that my milk glands, that should be the size of a thread, are the size of a pencil. They say its probably from a med I took but they are not telling me how to fix it.

I am praying our home sells soon and we get moved to Ohio .I will have military Insurance and then we will have another insurance from my husbands new job. I also will go to my friends doctor that found her breast cancer and did surgery on both her breast.

6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Susan Love used to have a website that discussed these issues. It sounds as if someone should be doing something. In our town there is a breast pain clinic which only deals with these issues. I will try and see when they are open and see if they have anything they can tell me or pamphlet they could give to me. I will try on Monday and then post back.

I thought that duct size growth was meant to be treated, plus that blood. This sounds absolutely as if you need a good breast person.

I will get back hopefully MOnday if they are open, some of the clinics here are part time.

Love Anne C
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Thank you so much I greatly appreciate your help.
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Looked her web site up and contacted her.She thinks I need to have a ductascope and is helping me to find a doctor in my area to help me.
    Thank you Soooooooo Much ((((((Hugs)))))))
    Ill let you know what happens
  9. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

If I were you I would go to another doctor who is more comfortable with treating you. You will know when you find such a doctor. Disinterested docs can be very harmful, so why waste your time and money.
    ruby