Discussion in 'Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Main Forum' started by Mikie, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Kind Members,

Could all y'all please help greeting our new members when they come here? I just welcomed a new person on one forum. Twenty-three people had read the post but no one responded. I know many of us are too sick to respond to every post and only have enough energy to skim the posts; however, just a few kind words mean so much when people are new here.

We do have a couple of people who try to welcome new members and I appreciate it so much. I know the new members appreciate it too. So, if you are able, please just say a few words of welcome, even if you cannot answer any of the new member's questions when you read a new member's post.

I've always felt so privileged to know so many good people here that I've depended on to help my own healing. If you can help, even a little, it will mean so much. Thank you all!

Love, Mikie
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I will try Mikie. I have been gone for a long while. My brother lived with us for 3 years and now he is
    leaving. I am herxing big time. But I will try.

Hugs to all here,
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Linda,

OMG! It's so good to see you here but I'm sorry you are herxing. I hope you feel better. I don't want anyone who doesn't feel up to greeting new people to feel obliged to do it. Just thought that if one or two people even posted a welcoming sentence or two, it would make the newbies feel so much better and like they belong.

Love, Mikie
  4. bct

bct Active Member

So nice to see you again Linda! Hugs to you too!
  5. spacee

spacee Member

Hello and Hugs to both of you, Mikie and Barry

Yikes, the herx won't quit. Good news is that brother is staying. He is disabled with terrible pain from
    2 failed surgeries on his neck. And I am disabled with CFS. So, sometimes we get on each other's nerves
    but it all ok now.

Hubby still works and is the picture of health. One out of 3 is much better than none.

I may have thought that I could welcome but not sure I can. Seem to sleep a lot of the time plus other
    symptoms. Going over to the supplement section to see what might help.

Love you guys!
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Linda and Barry,

I hope no one thinks they have to welcome newbies if they aren't feeling well. We all understand how horrible our exhaustion can be. Some can barely read posts let alone answer them. I just thought if people could answer just one new person's post that it would make a world of difference, that is, if they are able. If not, I'm just happy people can come to read.

Linda, I'm glad you and your bro will continue to live together. Yes, it can be a challenge but I think it's better for everyone. Good for DH; I'm glad he's in good health. Again, I hope you can stop in more. We've missed you.

Barry, hope you are doing will and enjoying your wonderful garden retreat. I envy you.

Love to you both,
  7. spacee

spacee Member

8. spacee

spacee Member

Guess my update would be is that brother is still here. No plans to leave now.

Just got over shingles. Hope to see y'all at the chitchat!