I need your prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dino, Jul 6, 2002.

1. dino

dino Guest

Hello my fellow Christians, I don't usually do this but I am asking all of you to pray for my marriage. My wife has not spoken to me in 2 days. Basically, she hates me. It's not what I did to her, it's what I don't do. I guess I have failed as the spiritual leader in our house and she takes offense to that. We have been experiencing the same problems for all 4 yrs of our marriage. The depression, co-dependency, anxiety, extreme laziness, or whatever I am suffering from prevents me from doing my duty as a Godly husband to her. The story is longer but those are the cliff notes.
    I don't know if it is possible to pray for someone you do not know anything about but I am requesting this from all of you because I feel I have no one to turn to (earthly support, of course the Heavenly Father is always here to help I know that) I hope I am not sounding foolish. God bless you all!

dino
  2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Dino,

You are not sounding foolish and I'm glad you felt comfortable bringing your request to the Worship Board.

I will pray for you and your marriage. I pray a lot for people I don't know. God knows us all so that is all that matters. We are here on this Worship Board to uplift, encourage and pray for each other. Please feel free anytime to ask for prayer.

Keep in God's Word and seek God's guidance in your relationship. I pray it gets better for you.

Blessings,
    Harmony

3. dino

dino Guest

Harmony, thank you so much for replying. I felt so hopeless that I did not think that anyone cared. By acknowledging me and praying for me, you have made me feel so much better. Thanks and God Bless You!

dino
  4. silverbell

silverbell New Member

DEAR DINO
    YOU'VE CERTAINLY COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. I WOULD LOVE TO PRAY FOR YOU. NEVER FEAR ASKING FOR PRAYER. YOU KNOW JESUS AND HE LOVES YOU.HE WANTS TO HELP YOU REMEMBER HE SAID ASK AND BELIEVE .WELL LORD I'M ASKING, REVEAL YOURSELF TO DINO AND HIS WIFE, HELP HER TO SEE WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM IS LORD.AND I PRAY LORD THAT YOU WOULD PUT CHRISTIANS IN THEIR PATHS AND CARING DRS. INTO DINO'S LIFE
    I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE JESUS FOR THE GOOD WORK YOU HAVE BEGUN IN THIS FAMILY. YOUR PLANS FOR THEM ARE GOOD LORD HELP THEM TO FIND CHRISTIAN COUNSELLING. HERE LORD OR THRU OTHERS WHO KNOW YOU JESUS AND WOULD JUST LOVE TO HELP I JUST LIFT UP THIS FAMILY TO YOU JESUS THY WILL BE DONE IN THEIR LIVES.
    WE ARE LIVING IN THE AGE OF MIRICLES AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. SPEAK TO JESUS WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND HE WILL ANSWER.
    WHEN YOU SHALL SEEK ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART YOU SHALL FIND ME LOVE AND PRAYERS ALWAYS SILVERBELL

5. dino

dino Guest

Thank you Silverbell for replying. Thank you for your prayers. Yes, I feel this time around it is going to take a miracle. I have let my wife down too many times in the past. She has no trust or faith in me anymore. I tried returning home just 30 minutes ago, she told me to leave. I feel crushed. She said she'd be talking to lawyers. I left for a few hours because she didn't want me around. Now, she is blaming me for "running away" and that I should have been doing something productive around the house instead of being "wimpy" and "running". Anyhow, it's rough right now. I have to log out of the library computer right now. so not much time to talk but thanks again. and I keep on praying. even in my despair. I'll check back with you all on monday. thanks and God bless you.

dino.
  6. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Dino,
    I will also be happy to pray for you because as a husband, Father, and Pastor, I have also felt inadequate at times. By the way my name is Carey White and my claim to fame is that I am Harmony's husband.

We all feel insufficient to the task of being a spiritual leader in our home basically because we are totally incapable, in our own power of carrying out this task. Some people would look at a Pastor and think that the job of leadership in the home would be easy for him, but not so. We are just as human as anyone else.

In ministry I have known times of blessing and I have felt the frustration of failure and rejection. The last ministry I Pastored was unable to support a Pastor so I have been working at secular jobs over the past year. My desire is to be used of the Lord in some meaningful way to further his Kingdom but sometimes I question what purpose he has for me.

Please forgive all the rambling and I will try to get to the point. Despite my sense of failure and frustration I am still convinced that we serve a powerful and forgiving God. Even in my bad decisions God can work all things together for good.

As a fellow brother in the Lord, I will pray that God will give us both the strength and courage to face the days ahead with the kind of Godly confidence that Paul had when he said, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

God bless you, Dino.
    Carey

7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Never feel foolish asking for prayer. We are here to pray for you, and with you whenever you have a need.

We consider your request a blessing, we love when the Lord singnals us out for those who are in need of a petition to Him. What greater honor than to please our Lord? He commanded us to 'pray for one another', and thats what all of us are here for.

I have some idea where you stand with your wife, my husband was not in the lead when it came to be the head of the house being under the head of Christ, I took the role as spiritual leader. The Lord will raise up the stones to sing His praises when necessary.

Through a lot of trial and error, my husband finally came around to lending his ear, and turning his life and all his baggage over to Chirst. Now he is the Spiritual leader the Lord wanted him to be. It was years before he listened to the call. I always tell him, that it took Moses forty years in the desert, and the Apostle Paul was no push over either!

We don't need to know who you are, when you said you were a Christian, that of course makes you a member of the family here! Even if you were not, we would still pray for you with all sincerely.

Know that you and your wife are being prayed for, and God will move in your lives. He wants you to be the head of your family under the direction of Christ.

Do let us know how you are doing, and if we can help in any other way.

Blessing from the Lord going out to you and your family.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Our Heavenly Father, I praise You for sending Dino here at this time. I am praying to You now because Dino and his Wife are in deep despair. They need You comfort, Lord. I ask that You gift them with patience and courage to work out their problems. Please show them that it is Your desire to mend this relationship; to survive this challenge to their marriage and find love once again. Present them with Your Almighty Light and encourage them to seek You forever more. In Your most Precious Name I pray. Amen