I never introduced myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Daisys, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Daisys

Daisys Member

I've been posting on this message board, and learning a lot from it, but never really introduced myself. (I'm very computer illiterate, but learning!)
    Anyway, I first got CFIDS in 1978 and later was diagnosed with FM sometime in the 90's.
    One Dr. in the 90's was very helpful, but didn't know a lot. She would read research that I brought to her and let me try different things that required a perscription. She would tell me if she learned of something that could help in any way. Then she moved away, and I (and a lot of women in this area) really mourned! She was a gem.
    Other than her, I've had nothing but terrible experiences with doctors....until recently. I finally found a doctor that not only believes in FM but knows how to treat it. I feel better already!
    I'm married to a wonderful man. He married me a healthy, young woman, and 6 months later I got this illness. I told him I must have come with a 25 year warantee, because that's when I fell apart health-wise. He's my best support and advocate. I'm glad he knew me when I worked hard to support myself, so he's knows I'm not just being lazy.
    I think this board is a real help, and I hope to be helpful too. I'm optimistic that this illness will be better understood and successfully treated in the near future.
  2. day2day

day2day Member

Very nice to meet you. I am glad you have a supportive husband that must help so much.

welcome to the board
    day2day
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Nice to meet you, I am Susan. I am fortunate to have a good doctor also and a husband who does all the grocery shopping.

I pray you are right about a treatment that works and in the near future - I am ready!

You are so right about this board; great hints, helps and sometimes jokes. LOL

See you around,
    Susan
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

nice to meet you. I'm glad you have a supportive husband, I do too and it makes all the difference. I was well when I met my husband too.

Take care, hope to see your posts.

love
    Rosie
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Daisys .. hello .. Like you and fortunate others .. I have a supportive husband (who has serious health issues himself) and a great GP .. it makes this easier to bear.
    Hope you enjoy this board and find good information to use !
    Joy
  6. Daisys

Daisys Member

Day2day, Susan07, Rosiebud, Fudge43,
    Wow, that's pretty good that we all have supportive husbands. We can't take that for granted! I honestly don't know what I would've done if we hadn't gotten married.
    Good doctors are so important too. I'll never suffer with an uncaring, ignorant doctor again, and if I ever have to see one, he'll know why I'm never going back.
    I think we're close to the 'break thru' that will be immensely helpful to solving this illness.