I never knew pain like this before, please help me...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mujuer, Feb 22, 2007.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I don't know what happened to me yesterday afternoon and last night but I had the worst pain that I have ever known. I cried and cried and cried. I almost went to the hospital and my husband wanted to take me. Looking back, I should have went. I have a bag ready to go now.

It was like any day. Stayed at home. Picked up the house a little. Not much energy. Didn't want to sew or read (I am a serious book worm). Didn't want the noise from the tv on either. It had snowed the night before but was melting by the time I got up. I took my tramadol when my burning back started up. I hate the stuff as sometimes it gives me a headache and makes me nauseous but not all of the time. About five hours later the pain was coming back so I took a half of a tramadol (I am on 50mg.s). At 4:00 the headache hit and from then on I had huge waves of pain, headache, nausea and warm flushing. I couldn't stop crying because it hurt so bad. I tried my heating pad and that didn't help, I tried laying down, sitting up and nothing helped. At 8:00 I went to bed and took my Requip. I was so tense with the pain that I don't think my rear was even touching the bed. I take one alprazolam .5mg.s at night to go to sleep. I took one and that took the pain from a 10 to a 9 1/2 but no sleep. I took another one and hour later and finally got comfortable but no sleep until 5:30 this morning. My back feels like raw meat now and I had to take another Tramadol. I go see my Rheumy tommorow but he isn't much help.

I have never been tested for anything else but they "think I have fibro". I am wondering about lyme disease but the symptoms don't look right. We moved to the woods two years ago when I came down with this and we have plenty of deer. As a matter of fact, they are looking at me thru the windows right now.

I wanted to die last night. I have never felt like that before but the pain was just too much. Has anyone else ever felt this bad?
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

There is a certain Lyme test to ask for, search this forum for Lyme and I'm sure you'll find it.

Did you check your body for bull's eye rings? Sometimes they don't show up...but if you find one...BINGO!
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

recuperation can help with FM pain.

It's an electrolyte drink ..from Spain.

Hope this is relevant.

Delia
  4. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

You may have gotten overtired -- not yesterday and maybe not from something you did but maybe you are coming down with something or who knows what. Keep your environment quiet, take the maximum medications your doctor prescribes for you, plenty of fluids, heating pads and, if you can, something for the nausea from the pain meds.

I woke up in the middle of the night like that just a couple of says ago and actually felt I just could not go on another minute.

The stress about the pain is not helping. Try to be calm and not stir up all those hormones that cause more pain.

It's quite unbelievable how much pain is involved with all this. I'm thinking of you. Just be calm and quiet for a few days.

I would be surprised if the emergency room would give you any pain meds . . .I've seen people screaming in cancer pain, kidney stone pain, etc. and given nothing until a definitive diagnosis. Since you have a made up health problem that could be doomsday along with the big medical bill. (OF COURSE YOU KNOW I AM JOKING HERE)

Be well.
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

for your input. I tried to call my rheumy because it is still bad again today and he was out of the office. I called my primary dr. and she got me right in. I could barely drive there. She said that the deer in our area don't carry lyme. She took me immediately off of the tramadol and has ordered me some vicadin until I see the rheumy tommorow. She also wants me off of the xanax.
  6. ulala

ulala New Member

Last Thursday I had an endoscopy (procedure to look into stomach). They put me out and I felt fine afterwards. Went home, felt great the rest of the day. That night I started getting some pain in my neck and low back. I woke up in the middle of the night freezing, shaking, extreme pain everywhere, especially every place that I ever had surgery. It seemed that the pain zeroed in on those places. I wanted to get up and get some water. It literally took me an hour to get up the strength to get some water.

I laid back down and then wanted to get a pain killer. I only take a pain killer before I have dental work but I needed one then. I got down on the floor to open a bag and literally couldn't get up because of the pain.

I called the doctor in the morning and he wanted me to come into his office but I was so sick that I couldn't get dressed. Anyway this lasted all day Friday and by Saturday afternoon I was able to drag myself out of the house.

They said they thought it was a flu. I didn't have any respiratory sympotms but the pain was terrible. I've never had a flu shot and never had the flu before.

It was the worst experience that I remember having. Now I know why people go the emergency room when they have the flu!

Do you think that is what happened to you? I hope that you're feeling much better and whatever you had has passed.

Best wishes!
  7. Ouch4017

Ouch4017 New Member

When I get really severe nerve pain in my back, I've found that besides pain meds, putting an ice pack on my back seems to help sometimes more than heat. It seems to take away the burning.
  8. padre

padre New Member

You have my complete sympathy. When I start to hurt my mind starts trying everything to fix it or to figure out why I feel so crummy. Today is one of those days. I am convinced it is the major change in the weather. I do not take pain pills because I have other issues. So far I have thought about going to get an emergency massage, having a shot of scotch, or taking a hot bath. I will not do any of them. I will try to go to bed early and sleep it off.

Lyme or FMS or whatever -- pain is pain. I know that mine is FMS, as all of the symptoms are there. But why it flares I don't know. I do know that I will evetually feel good enough to function. But, I am like an overtired little kid right now.
  9. mujuer

mujuer New Member

the vicodan worked really quick unlike that tramadol and it took most of the pain away. I even slept thru the night. I woke up at 5:00 though in gastly pain. It took two vicodan that time but I am holding on right now. My back still feels raw and my rib cage, the whole thing is so sore. I have been at a pain level of 8 since september and I have been getting worst. Not denying that I have fibro but want test to see if I have something in addition to it. I have no good days anymore and it scares me. I feel inflammed all of the time. I feel it even thru the pain meds.

Ulala, that sounds like you had pain from the gas they shoot up in you. I have had many, many colonoscopies over the years to remove non cancerous polyps and the gas they shoot up in you to blow your colon up for them to look around has to go somewhere and my Dr. always reminds me that it is going to end up in your shoulders and neck and may find a few other choice spots to land and sure enough it does and it was painful for a few days. Ask your doc about that.

Tequila Padre, this mujer hasn't hasn't had that in years. That would be, nice but yeah! I have strong faith and it is what keeps me hanging on. I have never had pain so bad that I wanted to die though. I felt like I was going to explode everywhere. I will try some ice also. You guys are the best. I will update after I see my rheumy this afternoon.