I once agreed to return if I ever found something that worked....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FatherTroll, Oct 8, 2002.

1. FatherTroll

FatherTroll New Member

So I am now taking a moment to fufill that promise as best as I can. As many know I have been undergoing biofeedback for what has been three years of letharagic madness, punctuated with delusions of normallacy. There appear to be a variety of reasons that the constellation of symptomology we label "cfids" can occur, bad drug reaction, mycoplasms, viral infection, head injury, etc. In my case my trip through hell, I now realize began with very hard blow to my forehead, on a stone fireplace mantle, allbeit at the time I was on a drug called zopliclone, which is a hypnotic designed to help me sleep, I at that time was an adult A>D>D> trying to make it through life by taking dexedrine during the day and downers at night, so I accept that the injury occured while I was half zonked, also explains why I had difficulty connecting the head injury to the next three years of hell we all experience.

I made up my mind about a year ago to find out everything I could to regain my life, I had been declared non compliant by my Dr.s who for the most part were fresh out of ideas.

So I surfed and I surfed, endless hours, on this site and others looking for insight, it was because of this site here that I I was sent an email from Bob: idiots inc. regarding A Dr. Stuart Donaldson, here in Calgary Alberta, the more I now know about him the more impressed I am, he has devoted his life to pain research, specifically, cfids, fybro, and ADD. Why, because he himself lives with pain from a car wreck he himself endured. He is about 5 foot nothing and is prone to answer questions like Calvin Coolidge, talking seldom, if ever......anyways here is the upshoot of 18 treatments I have undergone to date. Treatments consist of bio feedback light therapy. Plus a treatment to help treat my underlying ADD.

I am well again, period. In some ways better than before.

My life albeit is a shambles, and my physical condition consistant with a disabled person, but I have attended my fifth Tae Chi class this week and am confident that my body will be restored with time and effort.

The difference for me is so significant that I would spend many hours listing all of my improvements, which I spend countless hours examining minutely in my minds eye.

Here's the thing, the harder you work the luckier you will become, chance favours the prepared mind.

I recognize that I won the lotto here on this occassion. Dr. Donaldson unlocked my combination, not everyone here will be like me. In fact each of us is cryptic code looking for a code breaker to unlock us from our personal hell.

With this in mind, I encourage those of you who are feeling suicidal, discouraged, hopeless, etc. Keep the faith, the sun shines on every dogs butt at least once a year. Providence has a well substantiated history of rewarding our hearts deepest wishes, and since God is no respector of persons, it seems reasonable that if he will "reboot" a wretch such as me, then it would seem reasonable that your case is being worked on as we speak.

To Bob, wherever you are my thanks.

Troll
  2. FatherTroll

FatherTroll New Member

So I am now taking a moment to fufill that promise as best as I can. As many know I have been undergoing biofeedback for what has been three years of letharagic madness, punctuated with delusions of normallacy. There appear to be a variety of reasons that the constellation of symptomology we label "cfids" can occur, bad drug reaction, mycoplasms, viral infection, head injury, etc. In my case my trip through hell, I now realize began with very hard blow to my forehead, on a stone fireplace mantle, allbeit at the time I was on a drug called zopliclone, which is a hypnotic designed to help me sleep, I at that time was an adult A>D>D> trying to make it through life by taking dexedrine during the day and downers at night, so I accept that the injury occured while I was half zonked, also explains why I had difficulty connecting the head injury to the next three years of hell we all experience.

I made up my mind about a year ago to find out everything I could to regain my life, I had been declared non compliant by my Dr.s who for the most part were fresh out of ideas.

So I surfed and I surfed, endless hours, on this site and others looking for insight, it was because of this site here that I I was sent an email from Bob: idiots inc. regarding A Dr. Stuart Donaldson, here in Calgary Alberta, the more I now know about him the more impressed I am, he has devoted his life to pain research, specifically, cfids, fybro, and ADD. Why, because he himself lives with pain from a car wreck he himself endured. He is about 5 foot nothing and is prone to answer questions like Calvin Coolidge, talking seldom, if ever......anyways here is the upshoot of 18 treatments I have undergone to date. Treatments consist of bio feedback light therapy. Plus a treatment to help treat my underlying ADD.

I am well again, period. In some ways better than before.

My life albeit is a shambles, and my physical condition consistant with a disabled person, but I have attended my fifth Tae Chi class this week and am confident that my body will be restored with time and effort.

The difference for me is so significant that I would spend many hours listing all of my improvements, which I spend countless hours examining minutely in my minds eye.

Here's the thing, the harder you work the luckier you will become, chance favours the prepared mind.

I recognize that I won the lotto here on this occassion. Dr. Donaldson unlocked my combination, not everyone here will be like me. In fact each of us is cryptic code looking for a code breaker to unlock us from our personal hell.

With this in mind, I encourage those of you who are feeling suicidal, discouraged, hopeless, etc. Keep the faith, the sun shines on every dogs butt at least once a year. Providence has a well substantiated history of rewarding our hearts deepest wishes, and since God is no respector of persons, it seems reasonable that if he will "reboot" a wretch such as me, then it would seem reasonable that your case is being worked on as we speak.

To Bob, wherever you are my thanks.

Troll
  3. roro

roro New Member

Havent seen you in a while. I am happy for you that you found something that worked for you. As we all have this DD due to many different reasons, what works for one does not work for all, and that is what is so frustrating about this DD. I am glad you are feeling well, and its nice to hear from you!
  4. G

G New Member

It had got me to thinking about it as well. I also fell and hit my head on the walkway and had real bad headaches for a few months. They then slacked off and I don't have as many anymore. My fall was 28 years ago this month for I had went into labor with my first born.

May be nothing but might be worth looking into. Thanks for telling us how you are doing and I wish you nothing but good health and happiness.

Fellow Canadian,
    G
  5. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Been wondering how you've been doin'with your biofeedback. Don't be a stranger.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I have read your posts in the past so was aware of you parting to give the feedback a shot.Of coarse I'm very glad to hear of your success...it gives us all hope.I'm sure all situations are somewhat different but we all are looking for that "something" to give us back even a part of what life we had before~
    Glad to hear the update.....hoping you continue to get well!Best of luck!
    Tracey
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

Could I ask, what type of biofeedback are you using? I know there's several types such as temperature, eeg, etc.

Also, re: light therapy, is this like being treated for Seasonal Affective Disorder??

I'd really like to know. Thanks.

Victoria
  8. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

i loved to read your posts/threads...somehow nomatter what you always have something witty to say and i laugh till my sides hurt!
    good to see you posting again...and please, stick around!
    missed you!

God bless!!
    inpain3
  9. selma

selma New Member

I'm so happy that you posted. Thrilled that you are getting better!!! Are you on ANY meds?
    ANY supplements? It's great to get your input and hear about your progress.

Love and hugs, Selma
  10. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

YOU are truly inspiring, thank you so much, you really give me hope & encouragemnt to keep on searching, I am working really hard at acceptance while continuing my constant search & experimenting. I have gone down many different roads as a lot of the rest but I just cannot simply sit around & drug myself.

Good luck to you and please do check in from time to time.
    God bless you for sharing your message of hope.

Jaci
  11. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Good for you!!! Thanks for checking in with us!!
    Fondly, June
  12. clueless

clueless New Member

I caught the statement "light therapy" and am very interested in it as I know of an Indian gentleman who treats people with a light therapy and I have been seriously thinking of trying it because of the success of my son-in-law with this type of treatment. His was a case of a back problem entrapping the nerves.After a hospital stay he tried this treatment. When he returned to his doctor he was amazed and said he did`nt think he would see him again except in surgery. This may be way out in left field as to what you are talking about but it has proven to me that there are other types of treatment except narcotics etc. This gentlemen speaks often on this source light treatment. If it is anything like you have experienced I most certainly will give it and him a try.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so happy for you. Through all the dark and difficult times, you have never given up. You are a shining example for all of us.

Please don't stay away so long. We miss you.

Love, Mikie
  14. majic

majic New Member

this is great news. glad that you are finding the key to unlock the door of hell that you went thru.keep us all posted. wishing you a speedy recovery. majic
  15. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Wonderful news! I only wish there was a practitioner closer than 3 states away from me, so I could try this. Here's to your continued good health!
    KLutzo
  16. fibolady

fibolady New Member

and how wonderful! will you keep the posts coming with some information on your steps toward regaining your former self and health. it would make for wonderful reading. wow, tae chi, that is great.

warm regards, fibolady
  17. teach6

teach6 New Member

Thanks for sharing your good news. You have been missed around here. I'm glad it was die to gttting better. Thanks for sharing it with us. When I hear about someone seeing marked improvement it is light of hope for me. I wish you all the best and hope you won't stay away so long!

Barbara
  18. Emmy1

Emmy1 New Member

So very, very nice to see you around!!
    I am so glad that you are feeling better and hopeful. And your fifth tai-chi class! I couldn't even get through one, total lack of coordination and absolutely no balance.
    But I do have to tell you that yesterday, despite the exhaustion and pain, I did 30 minutes of belly dancing.(Supposed to be belly dancing, God knows what it looked like)
    I have not been around much for some time, but coming to peek now and then, have definitely missed your posts, in fact I ask about you in my post of last week where I say hello to some very wonderful people, whom I have been missing as much as you.
    How are Amy and the children?
    May you continue on, better as the days go by, and do not forget us.Love, Emmy.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2002]
  19. garlinbarb

garlinbarb New Member

We all think about you and it's so good to hear you are doing so well.
    Please give us more details.What specifically are you doing? What ar you doing about yor ADD?
    I am so glad for you! I'm sure your family is also delighted.

Best wishes to you, Barb
  20. FatherTroll

FatherTroll New Member

so all is well in the universe. There are so many questions here I wish I could answer them all. I realize I may have mislead some here, in that all is not quite perfect yet. Granted, the bone crushing fatigue/heaviness has been taken from me, I spent years praying that it would be lifted, believing that all would be well if that were to happen, now, laughably, it is gone and new obstacles have arisen. I find elements of the brain fog still present, I have difficulty making decisions, and the creative side of my frontal cortex seems to be on vacation. Whether these will be permenant vacations I do not know, my therapist has assurred me that recovery is an exponential process with each passing week.

I have been in a funny place of late, very self absorbed, with my new perspectives, it is interesting that theory becomes obsolete in the presence of a genuine healing experience.

I wish for the best for all of you my friends and expect that I may be returning as I am now in need of writing again in order to reintegrate my mind, body and soul.

Troll