I over did it yesterday and now I'm paying for it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

All I did was hand a strand of Christmas lights and was that a mistake. Every muscle in me is hurting so bad. I guess I have to learn what I can do and what I cant do. Putting arms over head is definitly a no-no. Legs muscles feels like I just ran a 20 mile marathon.
    Carla
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

All I did was hand a strand of Christmas lights and was that a mistake. Every muscle in me is hurting so bad. I guess I have to learn what I can do and what I cant do. Putting arms over head is definitly a no-no. Legs muscles feels like I just ran a 20 mile marathon.
    Carla
  3. Joannie

Joannie New Member

Take yourself a warm bath and rest your achy body. That is what i do. Hope you feel better soon.
    Joannie
  4. Val

Val New Member

overdo it. We must all be the same! You decide something needs doing and yes, you think 'I can do that' The reality of it is ....we cannot. But please don't despair, there are things we can still do. It's just finding the right balance.
    Sending you {{{{{{{{{{HUGS for Carla}}}}}}}}}} to make you feel better.
    ...Val.
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I do have questions for my neuro because I also have POTS, small nerve neuropathy,autonomic neuropathy and I have read that if you have these conditions then you should not take hot baths. Great....I need to find out because I love my hot baths and its the only thing that releives my FM muscle pain.
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure can relate to what you did, I use to do things all the time that pulled those darn muscles. Now I am more careful, I take the time to get the footstool, instead of just reaching up anymore.

But I have had a long term lesson in this Fibro, twenty years of learning how to live with it!

You take care, and if you can't take a hot soak, then have someone give you a good rub, and if you can, use a heating pad or warm rice socks for the pulled muscle.

Hope you are feeling better by tomorrow.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Rich333

Rich333 New Member

Hi Carla

Sorry to hear you're hurting. I got that once just reaching behind my computer to plug something in. Hurt for about a week.

My theory is to strike a balance between overdo (so easy) and getting too vulnerable from inactivity. If I take it too easy I seem to get hurt more easily when I have to do something. But it sure is hard to keep any kind of muscle
    tone when activity always seems to get you punished.

Hang in there and don"t let this keep you down.

Richard
  8. cupimick

cupimick Member

I can feel for you as I finally couldn't stand lying around and knowing that there are so many things around to do. My front yard had a gazillion leaves , it was so bad that everytime you would walk inside my house, bunches of leaves came in.I constantly had to vacuum sometimes 3 4 times a day and even that made me ache. I actually felt not so bad so I decided to rake the entire front yard which is pretty big area, well I am feeling it today but at least I feel like I have accomplished something. I am at a point, where I am not going to let this control me and make the most of my life by doing things and when, I do have those decent days , I want to make the most of them. My relief is a hot bath and epson salts. It does make a difference.

Have a happy Holiday!!

Deanna
  9. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

The wheatie bags are great -- you just stick them in the microwave for a few mins and they're piping hot. A gentle massage would be useful too. I would try a warm bath rather than a hot bath if you have autonomic neuropathy -- just be careful about standing up in the bath because it may make you dizzy. You can always increase the temp if you feel comfortable.
    Don't worry, your muscle flare will go soon :)
    Best wishes,
    Marcus
  10. JP

JP New Member

doing it is a hard one to measure for me. It seems like everything causes increased symptoms. I work at finding balance and it is like a moving target. Over the past two weeks, I helped a friend with some phone work...very simple and no physical challenge whatsoever. After the first day, the gains I had made with sleep improvement are gone and my body pain is amazing. I so want to work again...Work is such an enormous part of my life and I know, without sleep, I will fail.

Hang in there Carla...I know how shocking it is to do a small task and feel wrecked by it. Strange stuff...

Jan

[ advertisement ]