I overdid it and now I'm in trouble

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Jun 2, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Well, this past month has been crazy and I've over exerted myself and now I'm paying for it. I haven't been able to get a good night sleep and when I do fall asleep I'm asleep by 7pm.... I'm so fatigued and sore I can't describe it. It probally doesn't help I haven't seen a doctor in 4 months shice they did NOTHING for me and blew me off... I don't think prednisone and lunesta are a "cure"...

I hope other people read this and take this warning. Know your limits... Even when you're feeling good, don't push yourself!!! I've done this too many times now and I pay for it dearly. When ever I'm feeling "good" I tend to think that I'm feeling so good I can do whatever I want. I pay for it a week or so later and it sets me back.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes this is a huge problem with FM!! I try to catch myself these day's before it's to late!!............................after along time of learning things the hard way! pace-pace-pace yourself!!..............Wow does this illness put alot of limits on our lives!..............................................have you tried any supplements?........................................goodluck. sisland
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I am...my body doesn't cooperate anymore, though. )-: You sound to me like you are used to an active life, and the body betraying us is a big problem. It's so easy to overdo and then to think, "How could this be? I hardly did a thing!"

I'm wiped from being gone 24 days in May. My body has shut down.

Pace, pace, pace. Know you're not alone and I wish for you to be able to do as much as needs to be done, things you like, also, without the wipe-out.

Take care,
    Sue
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

That is until I came down with FM.... I was big into hockey and fishing. I gave up hockey because of my bad knees but I'm still fishing. The problem is I fish saltwater and if I'm fishing at night from a boat, I don't get home until 1pm and if I fish the beach, I'm out for 5-8 hours at a time.... I took my son fishing last thursday(got home early@7:30), played poker friday night(got home at midnight), went fishing Saturday with my brother(got home at 1) and went to see Larry the Cable Guy sunday and didn't get back to my hotel room until 2am!!

It just seems that when I'm in a flare, I can't do anything so when I'm feeling "better" I just want to do as much as possible because I know it's not going to last.. The brain fog has set in bad and I'm so tired and sore.. I've already decided I'm not playing poker tonight as I'm supposed to take my uncle from out of state out fishing tomorrow night....I'm gonna try to go home early today and get some sleep...

Thanks for all the support and advice.. I'm always up to trying something new to help me out with the dd.
  5. place

place New Member

contemplate to go dancing with the girls tonight? I want to go out so bad and I have not been out in a long time with these friends.

But I know I will drink to much and dance for 2 hours straight. There will be hell to pay tomorrow.

ONe minute I say it a small price to pay for a night of fun the next minute I say I would like to enjoy the rest of the weekend off the sofa!
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

cczub:

I do things in measured doses (if at all). Sometimes I think I am just plain ole American lazy. Not so.
    I know I will expend more energy on a small trip to a museum, so today I am resting and then....resting somemore.

I'll throw some fish in the oven and pray that it comes out OK. And cut and steam some yellow squash. It does not take much energy to do that.

And other than doing my daily internet work I haven't lifted a finger to do the laundry.

I will be in bed by 8.

Oh yes, rest before, after is too, too much for some of us: like me.

nyrofan