I overdid it yesterday and had a setback

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JewelRA, Aug 30, 2006.

1. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Ug! Will I ever be able to function as a normal person again? I have been feeling somewhat better the last few days, and decided to take my kids to the mall and out to eat for lunch yesterday. Major sensory overload at Chick-fil-A with a thousand kids running around and screaming!!

I spent the rest of the day unable to get off the couch and by nighttime, my brain felt like it was in a stupor! I am beyond exhausted.

I feel no better today. It's like I might as well not have slept at all. I guess I'll spend the day recooperating. :(

I'm too young to feel this old.
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

Hi JewelRA! I know what you mean. Whenever I would feel good for a few days(been at least 2 months) I would go ahead and overdo it. I still do now but without the "feeling better" beforehand.. I'm only 28 and it's really tough on me. I'm trying to do some updating on the house and it just wipes me out... I spent the weekend working on the new bedroom in the attic and I'm still spent.

I've found that if I don't take Sunday as a "lay in bed all day" day, I can't make it through the next week.

Hang in there! I know execatly how you feel!
  3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Glad to know I'm not alone, but sad that you are feeling it too.

I'm tired of people saying, "Oh, everyone gets tired sometimes", or "Well, you have little kids. All moms with little kids are tired". I'm sorry but it is NOT normal for a young woman to feel THIS exhausted after minimal exertion! I see the "normal" moms all the time, and they run circles around me.

Good idea taking all day Sunday to lie in bed! I do usually rest on that day, but not completely in bed. Maybe I need to try that.

You hang in there too! :)
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2006]

[ advertisement ]