I OWE EVERYBODY AN APOLOGY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Oct 20, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I am truly sorry that I posted the message I did. I think Fairyeyes (?) said it best. If I don't post an answer to someone else, how can I expect an answer to mine.

Well, I have NO answer to that. All I know is that, like a little kid, I was looking for someone to tell me things will be okay. I'm new to this disease. At first, when I was diagnosed, I was thrilled. That meant that I REALLY wasn't crazy, but that there was a reason for why I felt the way I did. Now, I wish I had just went with the "insanity plea"!

I'm so very sorry if I upset anyone. I guess I also wanted someone to wallow in my self-pity with me. There are weeks here at my home that I feel so very alone.

Cindy, I would love to get together. Thank you for the offer. I can't remember who asked which town I was moving to (I either blame it on being blonde, or the ozone layer, which ever is the most handiest) but, anyway, I'm moving to Boyd, on the other side of Fort Worth.

I don't answer a lot of the posts simply because I DON'T KNOW. I can't tell someone to do something or try a different drug, because I'm still in the process of finding the right meds and proceedures for me. I guess that makes me a selfish pig. Can't help it at times.

I have a hard time focusing on just ME, since my son takes up a lot of my time, but, I guess I need to start doing that.

Someone asked about my oldest son in the Marines. Yes, I have one. He's been in for over 5 years and instead of getting out this month, they are making him stay until April or May. He's a flight navigator on the C-130's. So, he has an important job. He's been stationed in Okinawa for the last 3 years. Pretty hard for me since I haven't even chewed the umbilical cord in two yet!!!

Again, please everyone, accept my apology.

Humbly
    Kathy

PS: Don't look to hard at that picture in my profile. Like I told Sean, it's a Glamour Shot, and they can even make Rosanne Barr look good! Myself, without Maybeline and Lady Clarol to cover the gray, I would look like I'm 90 years old! But, thanks to everyone for the wonderful compliments!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I am truly sorry that I posted the message I did. I think Fairyeyes (?) said it best. If I don't post an answer to someone else, how can I expect an answer to mine.

Well, I have NO answer to that. All I know is that, like a little kid, I was looking for someone to tell me things will be okay. I'm new to this disease. At first, when I was diagnosed, I was thrilled. That meant that I REALLY wasn't crazy, but that there was a reason for why I felt the way I did. Now, I wish I had just went with the "insanity plea"!

I'm so very sorry if I upset anyone. I guess I also wanted someone to wallow in my self-pity with me. There are weeks here at my home that I feel so very alone.

Cindy, I would love to get together. Thank you for the offer. I can't remember who asked which town I was moving to (I either blame it on being blonde, or the ozone layer, which ever is the most handiest) but, anyway, I'm moving to Boyd, on the other side of Fort Worth.

I don't answer a lot of the posts simply because I DON'T KNOW. I can't tell someone to do something or try a different drug, because I'm still in the process of finding the right meds and proceedures for me. I guess that makes me a selfish pig. Can't help it at times.

I have a hard time focusing on just ME, since my son takes up a lot of my time, but, I guess I need to start doing that.

Someone asked about my oldest son in the Marines. Yes, I have one. He's been in for over 5 years and instead of getting out this month, they are making him stay until April or May. He's a flight navigator on the C-130's. So, he has an important job. He's been stationed in Okinawa for the last 3 years. Pretty hard for me since I haven't even chewed the umbilical cord in two yet!!!

Again, please everyone, accept my apology.

Humbly
    Kathy

PS: Don't look to hard at that picture in my profile. Like I told Sean, it's a Glamour Shot, and they can even make Rosanne Barr look good! Myself, without Maybeline and Lady Clarol to cover the gray, I would look like I'm 90 years old! But, thanks to everyone for the wonderful compliments!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2002]
  3. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

Seems like everybody's a little touchy lately. Must be the full moon.
  4. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

so it is forgive and forget. No harm done. We all hurt and sometimes it is hard to deal with our hurt and everyone elses too. If I don't respond, I usually like you said, don't know the answers. have a good nite!
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

We all have good days and bad days. In the beginning the good days are few and far between. I know there have been many times I have come her really hurting and needing support. Sometimes I got lots of replies, and others I got only a few. If I was already feeling down it made me feel even worse.

Like others have mentioned there are so many posts that it's just not possible to read them all any more. I know I need to limit my computer time, more than I do already, because it contributes to my slumping shoulders and the tight muscles in my neck. I'm trying to do better, but this has been a lifeline for me at times, so I try to be here for those who need it now that I'm a little better.

Don't beat yourself up over this. You are dealing with a lot. It does get easier as time goes on, but as you can tell from reading some of the posts many longtime members still go through rocky times, too. There is no magic wand, or we would have all used it and moved on.

Instead the magic wand is having each other to keep us up when we are down. Don't give up. Not every day will get the same response.

Hugs,
    Barbara
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

especially with what you are going through. Come to the board when you need a boost and at least some of us will be there to empathize. We have all felt as you are feeling right now and need friends. You have lots of friends here.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  7. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

As others have said 'We all have Bad Days'

The 'Uniquiness' about this Site - You can find Informative, Helpful, Sympathy, Empathy, Happy, Sad, Frustration, and/or Venting Posts.

The Immune Support Library surpasses any other website I've visited over the past years.

Gentleness

8. LindaH

LindaH New Member

If we don't understand who will? Everyone has bad days or weeks, etc. Just know there are people who care even if we aren't able to always be here. Take care of yourself and don't be too hard on yourself. We care.

God Bless
    LindaH
  9. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Like most everyone has said we all have bad days. You were a little down and needed to vent to someone and we are here to listen and offer comfort. I'm sure we have all been at that place a time or two in our lives. There certainly are no hard feelings here.

If you want cheered up come over to the Chit Chat board. There are some "crazy" things going on over there. (lol) A great place to have a little fun.

I can relate to your son being in the service. Our son was in the Navy for three years and I know how hard that can be on a parent. Our son was on the USS Independence during the Gulf War. We were a nervous wreck. The only news we could get was from watching CNN and lots of times
    we were up in the night to see what was going on. That was our only lifeline to him. We did send him letters but it took them forever to get to him.

Wanted to tell you also I looked at your profile and you look marvelous for a 90 year old...heeeeheeeeee lol I hope I look that good when I'm that age.

Love and gentle((((((hugs)))))
    Arlene

10. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

we are all struggling to understand these conditions. Seems the information(if we can call it that) that the experts come up with is conflicting at times too. Confusing? You betcha!

I don't answer every single post for the same reason you give, " don't answer a lot of the posts simply because I DON'T KNOW.". And no, this does not make you a selfish pig. If anything, it is worse to give out an uneducated, unfounded reply, so to say nothing is better sometimes.

I feel that you are waaaaay to hard on yourself. I've been there, and it makes everything tainted. When you treat yourself poorly, it can affect evrything around you.

I am going to be bold, and make a suggestion for a good book to read. It should be available at the library, or you can get it really cheaply used. It is called, "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy", By Dr. David Burns. It helped me to save my marriage, and that's no lie. I was putting myself down so much, I didn't even see how much it was leaking all over everything else. I think it's a book that would benefit anyone who is having difficulty in their relationships of any sort.

and about looking 90 years old... I have one word for you and it is ...PHOOEY! Ya look great.
  11. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

I am so proud of you how your able to speak your heart..no apology necessary... I would love to meet someone like you up here in Ohio as I said before.. I know how alone we can feel with this nasty condition,and I am envious of your ability to say it like you feel it. So many are afraid to be transparent and I admire that characteristic in people. That is why I like this website..no beating around the bush, no fakeness....God bless..BARB