I PASSED!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeniwren, Jul 18, 2005.

1. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

I've decided to come here to brag as people here will know how hard my achievement was (and maybe it will help someone else)....I have fibro: I did 2 units of study through last semester and have passed and finished my degree and will graduate in October.

It took me 2 hours each way to travel to uni two days a week for 13 weeks with 3 hours on campus when I got there. I was so scared when the yr began as I didn't know if I'd be able to finish but I did!!! I've been studying for quite a while now and it got so I didn't think I'd be finishing...but I did! I have!! This dratted fibro will not win the day:)
  2. pblondeau46

pblondeau46 New Member

Jeni......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Well done!

What a lady! I am very impressed. Good for you! That took a lot of guts and determination!

3. Tiels

Tiels New Member

and huge!! congratulations
    ((((((Jeniwren)))

That is one major accomplishment!!
  4. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

Thankyou...(((((hugs)))))...I'd be jumping up and down...if I could...lol
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

You deserve a big celebration! What degree did you get?
  6. brit_17759

brit_17759 New Member

and well done jeniwren. So happy for you.

Best wishes
  7. sheried

sheried New Member

I'm so happy for you.

You are right, that is some achievement. I know how proud you are.

Hugs,
    Sherie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2005]
  8. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

It's a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology...took me nearly 10 years to complete 'cos of this cruddy illness...but I finally did it:)

Thank you ALL so much for your congratulations and good wishes. It is much appreciated:)
  9. itzmeannie

itzmeannie New Member

with your accomplishment, congratulations!!!!
  10. over50

over50 New Member

You are a shining star ! And I believe you can do anything you set your mind to.
    May your blessings continue !
    Love,Linda
  11. libra55

libra55 New Member

Congratulations Jeniwren on your success! Talk about perserverance. You must be on cloud 9 right about now.

Hats off to you!

Michelle
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Many congratulations!! I'm almost 50, have a BA in Art from years ago but have been wanting to go back to college & get a teaching credential. You are living proof it CAN be done despite the pain, brainfog, etc.

Thanks for sharing your great news---that's wonderful! CELEBRATE!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  13. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am so happy for you -- that is a great accomplishment!

Best wishes,

Mary
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I ould love to give you a big pat on the back, but know that would hurt! So impressed at your accomplishment. Getting a degree is no small feat for healthy people, let alone people with the DD. You are awesome.

Sue
  15. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

A BA in anthropology, wow. I'd love to take anthropology courses. We touched on it a bit in my nutrition courses, just enough to intrigue me to do a bit of study of my own.

I'm a big fan on diet by blood type, and I think it is largely valid because of the anthropological tie in. What do you think of that, did you touch on that in your studies?

Jeanne
  16. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

THANKYOU to everyone...all your kind and loving words mean a great deal to me...I have struggled through this year with an extra workload as well as preparing for our wedding in September plus the normal everyday life things...everything is just about complete now....so I can relax and get married to this wonderful man in my life and graduate in early October.....YIPPEE!!!!!

Jeanne...I did cultural anthropology...I should have said...sorry.

Thank you all you wonderful people:)
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That is a huge achievement and you should be proud.

Love, Mikie
  18. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

Originally we thought I'd graduate last October but I didn't 'cos we got married in September and I ran out of time to chase my faculty and graduation office to let them all know i had enough credit points.

I got my graduate pack this week....So this April 28th 2006 I graduate!!!

I'm smiling so much it hurts...lol

Jen
  19. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Jeniwren that is awesome news!! Glad you could come on here to brag!!

I am very happy for you , good news is always nice

God Bless
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sooooo happy for you. This is a HUGE accomplishment. Enjoy your hard earned achievement.

Love, Mikie