I play the game with the same results..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by contessa, Oct 29, 2002.

1. contessa

contessa New Member

I'm happy my hubby knows by now when to make me call it quits. If only the disabiltiy and medical people would understand there is no way, other than oral history, to record fatique problems. Yep, I've tried to push my three hour daily limit to five. Means I'm in bed next day until noon. Tried to push it to eight (such as shopping trip, visiting, etc.) means I'm in bed for the following two days. Plus, I'm so tired of maintaining an average of two medically related trips each week which leave me mentally burned out as well as physically. I always quit taking my meds for a couple of days before I have a rheumy or neuro appt so that my symptoms are obvious to them.

I do sneak away when I can no longer tolerate myself and ride my horse for an hour. Once I'm in the saddle I'm okay, it's the only way I can sit comfortably. Quess I have a few muscles that still function properly, and I enjoy the thigh, calf stretching as part of my modest exercise program. Since I'm training my mare, it also gives me a probably false sense, of retained capability. Since I can't hike anymore, horse takes me into the woods now. I'm in the yes, I'm sick, no I won't recover, yes I need to adjust, very few understand or believe yet stage.
  2. contessa

contessa New Member

I'm happy my hubby knows by now when to make me call it quits. If only the disabiltiy and medical people would understand there is no way, other than oral history, to record fatique problems. Yep, I've tried to push my three hour daily limit to five. Means I'm in bed next day until noon. Tried to push it to eight (such as shopping trip, visiting, etc.) means I'm in bed for the following two days. Plus, I'm so tired of maintaining an average of two medically related trips each week which leave me mentally burned out as well as physically. I always quit taking my meds for a couple of days before I have a rheumy or neuro appt so that my symptoms are obvious to them.

I do sneak away when I can no longer tolerate myself and ride my horse for an hour. Once I'm in the saddle I'm okay, it's the only way I can sit comfortably. Quess I have a few muscles that still function properly, and I enjoy the thigh, calf stretching as part of my modest exercise program. Since I'm training my mare, it also gives me a probably false sense, of retained capability. Since I can't hike anymore, horse takes me into the woods now. I'm in the yes, I'm sick, no I won't recover, yes I need to adjust, very few understand or believe yet stage.
  3. xanderlee

xanderlee New Member

Glad it isnt just me that feels I have to make myself bad, just to have the doctor realise that yes, I am ill, and housebound and fed up with it...I am glad you are still riding...what I hate, is abididng by the rules, expecting to feel bad if I over do it. But when I pace myself, act responsible and not overdo it, only to feel really rough despite all this!!! So unjust!! and I think it is the unfairness of it all that affects us all most, especially mentally.
    Good luck, and have a really good trek on your horse for me...one of the things I miss most, the freedom of horse riding