I posted a new pic of a water color painting 8/24

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Aug 24, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I painted it several years ago and won a 3rd place ribbon in my first art show with it.

It did not photograph well, a reflection is from another window.

I hope you enjoy it. I like trying different mediums- Carla
  2. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Hi ck

I really enjoyed looking at your painting. It looks like a very peaceful place to be. I'd like to get some art supplies and try my hand for fun. Might be just the project to get into.

Keep Painting!
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Thanks for sharing. I am in awe of your talent.......Susan
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Yosemite.
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

If so, where? Looks like a good place to take a stroll.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I love the pinks, it's really beautiful.

love
    Rosie
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

This is a picture in one of my art books. It did have instructions but not as detailed as the Bob Ross painting.

But I did change a few things to make it my own. The area on the bottom left was a small pond. I decided I like the flowers instead.

Yes it hangs in my bathroom, it is the first painting I ever won a ribbon for.

I'm glad you liked it. I love sharing my work with others, I have so few people that visit me, this is the only way I have to share. Have a great day-Carla
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

9. ckball

ckball New Member

10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Carla,
    The trees look so real in the painting. Very pretty painting. :)

I'm in Virginia, not far from Colonial Heights.

Where in Virginia, did you live?

I did needlepoint until I got the FMS and couldn't do it anymore, but I have many pieces I have framed that I'm very proud of also.

Hugs,
    Faye
  11. ckball

ckball New Member

I lived in Richmond, we were neighbors. M ex's family lived in Colonial Heights on Grove Ave, not the best part of town.

I really miss Richmond, I know live in a small (25,00) town and there is not a lot to do here. Good thing I am too sick to do the things I use too :)

Thanks you for looking at my painting, glad you like it.

Oh well, I do enjoy my home and my critters- Carla
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

a sunday bump
  13. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I was just telling my husband the other day when we were watching a painting show I wish I knew how to paint. Keep it up. You have real talent!

GBHope
  14. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Nice one Carla!!

You get the feel of the mountains just right.

You changed the lake to flowers:isn't it nice to be able to change things to our own liking?

We do not have a lot of controll over out environment, family, illnesses and such, but in a painting you can literly move mountains if you want to.

Keep them coming. Love Denamay
  15. Denamay

Denamay New Member

16. kjfms

kjfms Member

Your painting is wonderful and lovely. You must be very proud.

I used dabble in pencil drawings of nature scenes but I really do not have the amount of talent you clearly have and I am jealous...LOL

Show us more,

Karen :)
  17. ckball

ckball New Member

chessie656- thank you- I love peaceful scenes like this one

Gbhope- I didn't start painting until I was in my 40's. How do you know you don't have talent until you try.

denamay- thank you, your right about being able to move mountains,lol

Karen- I hope your feeling better, why not get those pencils out and "get lost" for a while. I think talent has more to with attitude and confidence and PRACTICE, lots of it.
    I would bet you are a lot better than you think you are.

Joannla- Watercolors can be tricky, it is a matter of timing and knowing when to go on to the next step. Sometimes mistakes can be worked into the painting. You do end up with mud, I did many times,lol if you don't wait for the paper to dry. It actually takes very little paint if done right. Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

4everkid- Thanks again, I am still humbled by your work, so your compliments mean a lot to me. I worked very hard on this painting and so happy to get my first ribbon.

Thank you all again- I will be changing the picture in a day or two.- Now get those brushes, pencils and paper out and show me some of your stuff-Carla