I posted a new piece of art work on 9/5

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 5, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hi everyone- I posted a stained glass peice this time.

It is my rendition of a huge red maple tree that was in the yard of my mother's neighbor.

I loved watching it change colors every fall.

It is 2ft x 2ft and is glued to a mirror, the area under the tree is exposed mirror. The colors in the tree are a mixture of stained glass and oven baked painted textured glass.

I didn't have all the colors I wanted so I used a special transparent paint for glass. I also made the frame.

The blue glass is 100 year old glass that came out of a local church. The stained glass store here got it when they tore it down and I bought it from them.

I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for looking-Carla
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

Thanks for sharing, Carla. I envy anyone with artistic talent. I think it's something you are born with; can't be learned.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I love stain glass and trees, beautiful.
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Beautiful, Carla! You're GOOD!

Marta
  5. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hi Carla,
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece with us!!

Are you back working with your glass art?

You have a great sense of composition and colour.

Love your work. Denamay

6. srollins

srollins New Member

this truly a work of art from your heart.

thanks for sharing, i so enjoy looking at your creations.

shirley
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello ladies

I'm glad you like it. I made it several years ago, passed the time waiting for SSDI to come in.

I am hoping to go back in to glass in the next month or so.

I think God created us all equally, we all have gifts, It is up to us to figure out what they are, I did not start anthing I that I do until after I turned 40. You have to beleive in yourself.

lindy139- my 32 year old daughter painted those houses,people and angels, now she scrap books,

Thanks Denamay, not doing glass yet. I still have to finish sanding the floor and maybe get it stained by tomorrow. I am tryiing to get everything done before I go to Pa for my surgery on the 17.

Yes Shirley you were right, I also had a big rep maple in my front yard next to my porch in Va, my cat Bubbus loved it- he could climb up to the top of the roof, He like it up there. I still miss him,

Thanks for taking the time to look-I really appreciate your comments- takes your mind off all the other stuff for just a little way,
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's just so beautiful! I'm not talented at all but I'm
    thinking of taking a stab at Drawing! Went to the Drug
    Store today and picked up some colored pencils and a
    ruler! Will try "free hand" later.

Have two matching stain glass pieces hanging in each of
    my side Bay windows. They have a 1/4 orange sun on the
    corner of them and the lead extends like rays! The setting
    is in a Western exposure with lots of Sunlite all day.
    They were out of an old Victorian house here in S.F.
    Love 'em!

Glad you are almost finish preparing for your trip. Did
    you find anyone to help move the heavies yet? The Sal-
    vation Army may send someone out to help you for free.
    I've heard of them doing that for the elderly and dis-
    abled here as well as people with little funds.

Just a thought, hope you feel well!
    NRDAD

9. sues1

sues1 New Member

I enjoy seeing what others do.....this is awesome.Thanks for sharing............Hugs......Susan
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

Georgia- Wow that is really cool- what type of store do you work at?
    Your lace just amazes me, I have never spent a year working on anything, well except my house,lol

Mrdad- I'm so glad to hear your trying your hand at art again- I bet your windows are gorgeous- I love the sunrays. Still no one to help with the heavies. What I need is someone to help me remove the old kitchen cabinets out. My freind offered her teenage son, If I am feeling up to it, I may have him come next week.

Sues- Thank you so much- I'm glad you like it-

Thanks all- Carla
  11. simplicity

simplicity New Member

Hi Carla,

Wow, you are so talented! I love the tree. I always wanted to get into glass work but never made it. Your work is just lovely! Waiting to see what wonderful thing you come up with next.

Hugs,
    Simplicity
  12. ckball

ckball New Member

Georgia- Do you watch HGTV? There is a show called That's Clever. They have all types of artisans, crafts people, etc.

The other day the had a show on a woman that spins her own yarn like you do. She started out with sheeps wool, dyes it and spins it. Now that is some work. I give you credit and the lace making, that IS amazing. You are truly gifted to do what you do.

Sara- which of my doggies do you love? Twila is the blue eyed one- Missy is solid white. Did you go to my website?

Simplicity- thank you, I haven't made anything in quite awhile because I have been working on getting my studio done- but soon

I FINALLY STAINED AND SEALED THE FLOOR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! I have to sand and re coat but it only took me a month to sand the darn thing!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate your support and comments-Carla
  13. ckball

ckball New Member

Wow, is there a method to the madness,lol. Really, do you have apattern,counting method or just go freestyle?

I did take knitting in home ec but if it involved counting I was out. We all have our talents, I think I will stick to glass and paint.

It is so delicate, amazing that it started as a ball of fluff. Carla
  14. ckball

ckball New Member

15. AnjieCFSFM

AnjieCFSFM New Member

So...where do I see the artwork everyone is talking about?
  16. mindbender

mindbender New Member

If your stained, I must be soiled. Nice job on your ART.
  17. ckball

ckball New Member

Anj- you can click on someomne's name to see thier profile
    The is a thread were aretis have posted thier works,

Mindbender -thanks Carla
  18. ckball

ckball New Member

Anj- you can click on someomne's name to see thier profile
    The is a thread were aretis have posted thier works,

Mindbender -thanks Carla

[ advertisement ]