I pray for healing for each and every one of you...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by cpassos, Jan 31, 2002.

1. cpassos

cpassos New Member

Hello,
    I am excited that we also have a 'worship' board...is thursday night the only time that everyone posts on this board...i'm not sure how this one works...regardless--
    I would like to say that you are all in my prayers, as well as everyone else who suffers like we do...lately, I have been very upset with myself because i feel as if this illness has brought me farther from God and that is something that I DO NOT WANT TO GO ON FOR MUCH LONGER...it's just that I feel like whenever I pray...it's not like praying anymore...it's more like me telling the Lord how much this illness stinks...I suppose i just get very upset that I am sick and so young (21) I worry that I already feel like I have too much to bear and there's so much I have yet to do...i want to "re-learn" how to be thankful for what I have...just seems like all I do is think about how miserable everything is and then I feel as if I am not putting my faith in the Lord that he is indeed with me every step of the way...I suppose what I'm asking is for your prayers that I come to lean on the Lord to help me carry my burdens...I guess my problem is that I always try to have control over everything...and when I see that I don't (like my health--to some extent) I get upset...losing focus here, i know...it's getting late for me...please, pray for me.
    God Bless,
    Celeste
  2. psigrl

psigrl New Member

As a Christian Celeste, I think of the lesson of subservience in suffering (the Cross) and the exquisite release and eternal life which came as a result of "giving it all up". The Formula we were shown - to release control in order to receive Gods blessings in response to our vulnerability and faith.
    Hugs,
    Victoria
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Celeste, this board is for you to come to when you want to.

We set aside Thursday for a 'Group Prayer Night', but the board is open to you anytime you want to post or just read here.

Most of us check the board everyday to see if anyone is in need of prayer, and then we will pray for you right then and there. Does not need to be a Thursday.

I am so sorry that you have this illness at such a young age, and yes, we all have a time when we want to blame God for it, thats just us being human. The Lord does understand we are His children, but that we are also human.

I will surely pray that you find a closer relationship with the Lord.

YOu know, the Lord does not pull away from us, He is always with us, it is us that pulls away from Him. But He is always with us and just waiting for us to come back to Him.

I can see from the way you wrote your post, that you are ready to go back. You just need a 'nudge' in the right direction, and you already took the first step.

I will add you to my prayer list right now, and will continue to pray for your request, and also that they find a cure for this sickness so that the young people like yourself can have your life back in full.

God Bless, Celeste, and by the way you have a beautiful name, did you know your name means: 'of the heavens'? It is Latin.

Shalom! Shirl