I quit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Imnoangle, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I've just found out that I have a hernia. Well surgery here I come. I'm tired of being poked and proded, I also had surgery in April. Thats where the hernia is. Also when everyone is in a flare up, do the tops of your feet hurt. I've noticed since it started to snow I hurt even worse from the hips to the tips of my toes. I hope this finds everyone well and thanks for listening to me complain again.
    Thank You,
    Dawn
  2. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I've just found out that I have a hernia. Well surgery here I come. I'm tired of being poked and proded, I also had surgery in April. Thats where the hernia is. Also when everyone is in a flare up, do the tops of your feet hurt. I've noticed since it started to snow I hurt even worse from the hips to the tips of my toes. I hope this finds everyone well and thanks for listening to me complain again.
    Thank You,
    Dawn
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

i sorry to hear about your hernia and that you have to have surgrey,and that your having a flare,i like cold weather most of the time better then hot but it also causes me a grate deal of pain,i realy hope that you start to feel some relife soon,let us know when your surgery is, dont worrie about complaining thats why where here anyways ive realy not heard you complain that much,me on the other hand some weeks it seems to be my favriot thing to do lol!

hugs
    kara
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome-- I know the frustration of being poked & prodded! I know why you say "I quit". And yes, I definitely do get pain on the tops of my feet, from my ankle joint down.

My dad had surgery a while back; went OK, but he, too, had a hernia as the result that turned out to be worse than the original problem--and a longer recovery time from the hernia surgery. But he was 87, hard to heal art that age.

I hope this all goes OK for you, let us know how you are doing. You have sympathetic ears here!!

Soft hugs,
    Pam
  5. Carina

Carina New Member

It seems that anytime I have done a lot of walking or when the weather getws colder, I have the type of problem you described.

I suggest that you look into the Trigger Point Release Manual. I can't remember who wrote it but I've heard it mentioned before. It can be obtained through Amazon. My therapist studied this and it really helps when nothing else will. Since surgury can cause flares, I hope you will look into this as it will help the recovery process be more tolerable. Good Luck.
  6. sofy

sofy New Member

Dawn, quite a few years ago I developed what my Dr. thought was a hernia located on my lower rt abdomen. Couldn't do anything without real pain. He said surgery was the last resort and not always wise. He also said the tear would most likely repair itself if given a chance. That made sense to me. I got myself a tight band, girdle with stays and was very careful doing any of the movements that caused the pain to flare more. It worked. If my stomach felt like it was falling out I wore something to keep it in even when going to bed. It took over a year and I will ocassionally have a twinge when I do something and forget to wear protective gear but I never had to have surgery. My Dr. was an internest not a surgeon. If you go to a surgeon they will say surgery because that is what they do. Good luck
  7. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Hey with the new surgical procedures that they have now it’s a piece of cake. I went through a double hernia the old fashion way where they cut you about 8 inches then stretch it far enough apart that you slide a 747 through. I made it through you can to. I had two 8 inch long cuts running side by side looked like a rail road track with the metal staples and all. My feet at times feel like someone has just beaten them with a stick. The joints are as tender as a boil; I’ve tried several different things to get some relief from changing shoes about four times a day to soaking them everynight. I don’t care what they were going to hurt, so I just try to bear it as best I can. They really go nuts when I have to climb poles, but when that happens my left leg hurts so much more that I forget about the bottom of my feet. It’s when you were younger and you got a tooth ache and your Mom would make you wear a pair of your sister’s shoes to forget about the tooth ache. She didn’t really it’s just a joke, try to think about something
  8. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

Hey with the new surgical procedures that they have now it’s a piece of cake. I went through a double hernia the old fashion way where they cut you about 8 inches then stretch it far enough apart that you slide a 747 through. I made it through you can to. I had two 8 inch long cuts running side by side looked like a rail road track with the metal staples and all. My feet at times feel like someone has just beaten them with a stick. The joints are as tender as a boil; I’ve tried several different things to get some relief from changing shoes about four times a day to soaking them everynight. I don’t care what they were going to hurt, so I just try to bear it as best I can. They really go nuts when I have to climb poles, but when that happens my left leg hurts so much more that I forget about the bottom of my feet. It’s like when you were younger and you got a tooth ache and your Mom would make you wear a pair of your sister’s shoes to forget about the tooth ache. She didn’t really it’s just a joke, try to think about something