I really don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hairymel, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Hairymel

Hairymel New Member

Hi All,

O.K. I think my whole family is ready to divorce me.. I'm just not responding to anything. I have Sjogren's and that was bad enough...now with the fibro. I just don't see an end in sight.This flare is going on it'4th month. I have gone to the rhumy...same old s*&t. My question is what type of Doc. might I try next. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Hairymel
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I no longer see a rhumy I did not like him at all.

I now see my GP and a neurologist and my shrink for my cymbalta.

My neurologist is GREAT she has found other things wrong with me.When I think I need a MRI she orders it for me.

Anytime I have something new thats wrong she and my GP ( Not that it matters but they are both women)work together to help me.

I would never leave my doctors the staff at both offices are also very caring.I never wait more than 10 minutes to get in to see the doctor.Also I take as much time a needed they have never rushed me out the door.

Sorry I got off the track a bit.But you should try a neurologist helped me out.Maybe it would work for you.

Sue PS: Having doctors that care and listen to me makes a big difference in how I feel.
  3. Bethechange

Bethechange New Member

Hairy,

I was with a rhuemy who threw his hands up and said he didn't know what to do...

After wading through a lot of doctors, I feel I have a health care team that is compassionate, supporting, and open to each other's suggestions:

An internist who is also my GP
    A psychiatrist
    ob/gyn

+ I've been sent to a gastroenterologist, neurologist, and I also see a licensed acupuncturist.