I Really Feel Like a Loser Right Now.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frackie11382, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Hey all,

I just got told by my employer that they would "call when they need" me. In essence, firing me without firing me. This is the third job in about 6 months that I've lost/been fired from because of complications from the FM/CFS! I can't prove that it was for those specific reasons, b/c on paper they cited other reasons. I HATE THIS DAMN DISEASE!!!!! I don't know how much longer I can deal with this! My own mother told me the other day that "being a housewife isn't a bad thing, and it's nothing to be ashamed of." It just seems like I keep trying and trying to succeed in my life and deal as well as I can with this DD, but I never get anywhere. I had to quit college b/c of costs and physical problems. Now, I can't even keep a f---ing job! I really must be a loser if at 21 I can't accomplish the same thing a person the same age as me accomplished by the time they were 15! What am I supposed to do?? Any advice?

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  2. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

Hi, I'm exactly twice your age. I had a successful career in nursing when a car accident sent me into a spiral with this DD and neck/back injuries. I too had and sometimes have feeling of uselessness. Are you on any medication? It sounds like you're married by what your mom said to you. I currently am "a housewife" if you call it that, and I'm trying to make the best of it. Can you take one or two college classes at a time instead of going full time? I have applied for disability, but have been denied once, so I have a lawyer now. I wish I had all the answers for you, but you're thought of positively on this board. Hang in there & God Bless
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

It is not unusual to feel the way that you do. It is so tough living with this DD. You see people all around you that are your age and how much they accomplish and darn it isn't fair that we have to deal with everyday struggles like we do. It is hard to except and hard to deal with and i wish i did have answers for you but I don't.
    I am a house wife. I hate every minute of not being able to provide for our family too. I hate the fact there are days i can't even get the house cleaned up but I just take day by day and thank god every night that I have made it through this day and pray for a better one the tomorrow.
    Just know your in my thoughts and I truly do understand how disappointing this is. I live with it too.
    Keep your chin up okay and I hope you feel better soon.
    Love,
    Joannie
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I went back to school, right before being diagnosed with FM. Then again went back to school to get some skills/freshen up on them. Vocational rehab sent me back to school. They have been a big help.

I feel like you do too sometimes. I am 37. Don't want to settle for being just a housewife either. Its not that its a bad thing to be or anything. But want something for myself as well you know?

I see others around me that can do so much with their lives, and they haven't any health issues like us. But they don't. That upsets me some.

Working and doing what you like to do is good. It took me alot of losing jobs, to get to the point that I needed extra help, that I do have disabilities that interfere with working. And thats what Vocational Rehab is there for. To help you.

Keep your chin up, vent when you need to. But don't give up. Keep going and learning. Maybe losing these jobs will get you to the point like it did me. You learn from that. Even though losing the jobs makes you feel like a loser. You aren't a loser though. You aren't.

[ advertisement ]