I really had a great experience yesterday!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 13, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I was in a cab and I asked the man driving where he was from. He told me he was from Ethiopia. He said he had just got his citizenship a half hour ago. He felt he needed to explain that he didn't wear what he had on - he changed out of his nice clothes and left them in his wife's car.

He said he was a very hard working man but the government there was very bad and he was happy to be here in America where he can have freedom. He said that I was the first person that he told. He said he was very proud to be part of our society. I could tell how extremely happy he was and that he was happy that he brought his family here.

Wow, what a wake up call - the things we take for granted. What would it be like for us to have this awful disease in a country like that? What would it be like to be healthy in a country like that?

I felt so proud to be the first person outside his family that he shared his news with. This experience has stuck with me and I think it will last for a long time. Especially when I'm feeling sorry for myself.
  2. irish13

irish13 New Member

Hello :) Sounds like a proud moment for both of you! I can't imagine living anywhere else and have FMS. Glad you had a great day! Irish13
  3. neen85

neen85 New Member

HOw refreshing! Thanks for sharing that with us! Daneen
  4. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I love it.

Nancy
  5. creeves

creeves New Member

Thank-You for sharing that wonderful story.
    At times it takes an experience or story like this to wake us up to see how blessed we are. Thank-you again.